Will paypal give back my money?

Yeqing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone, I have signed paypal recently only for receiving my airbnb payout. This is signed up with my art name but not the real name. 

Soon I realised paypal has a limitation for verifying my personal bank account. I have ringed paypal customer service team to expalin to them  but they won't listen and tend to blamed it on me instead of helping me to changed the name and withdraw my money. ( my account just been recently signed up and all the money are coming from airbnb which is really clear that it is my money)

The worst thing is they told me that they would hold my money at least for half a year! for god's sake, I worked hard for those money and I can take it out.

Feel really sad. Just checked on all the reviews from consumer affair, it makes so worried about this paypal so much. wondering Should I trust paypal?

regards

James

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yeqing

So you sign up to a legal financial account in an incorrect name and wonder if you can trust paypal !!!!

As you broke their rules in the first place then you may well have to wait 180 days before you can withdraw any funds in that account as paypal have to make sure that their are no chargebacks filed against a fake persons named paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yeqing
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowless,

Thanks for replying. I am very sorry that I did not know that before since I was just new signed up. There won't have any charge back since the money is just received from the airbnb.

So What would be the next, would they return the money after 180 days? Do I have to apply something or just wait

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Yeqing

Why not contact them and ask if you can send documents to prove identification etc and see if that will help verify your account and change your name??

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

But if they say no then you should still be able to withdraw your funds after 180 days IF they hold it that long.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Yeqing
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. Appreciated.

I have ringed them to explain the situation and uploaded the documentation to change the name since I am just a new signed up.

The customer service was blaming me all the time by saying "why did you use a movie star's name" . I ringed to another agent and he was saying I will have to wait for 180 days. The paypal agents does not really care, quite sad with the starting regarding paypal.

thank you for trying to help, I think paypal has lost many customers already from the reviews I can see on the cusomer affairs. They dont care

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.