Why is removing the limit taking so long? Over a month wait

Veris
Contributor
Contributor

So I've received 1.800gbp, more or less, and got the email way over a month ago.
I submitted all my details, all the files needed, and everything is checked off with a little green tick.

It has been over a month, and I still get the **bleep** email every time I receive a payment, telling me to resolve the issue with my account. So of course, I go to resolution centre, and everything is ticked green and says that they will get back to me "shortly". Over a month doesn't seem very swift, to be honest.

I have sent at least two emails asking why it is taking so long, and all I get is an automated response telling me "if this doesn't help, please reply to this email" which I do, and then I receive no answer back at all. 

I'd call them, but I'm on a trip in another country at the moment, and calling them is free from the UK, so I would have to wait until I am back there, but I will probably reach the 2.500 limit before that...

Has anyone else had this issue of it taking so long?

-Thankyou

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Veris

Paypal and being ''fast'' are not compatible.  Smiley Wink

Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

They normally get back to you in a couple of days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Veris
Contributor
Contributor

I guess "we'll get back to you in a few days" was a lie. Didn't know a few days was over 30. So my account got completely limited last night. Goodbye trip I had planned for this weekend with my kids, since I can't withdraw the money I was keeping there for it.

i have no choice but to call them tomorrow, and rack up a huge phone bill no doubt.

thank you for your suggestion though. I'd contact them there but hopefully a call is quicker

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Veris

Calls are free from a UK landline.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Veris
Contributor
Contributor

I'm not in the uk atm though

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.