beryl New Community Member
New Community Member
Kudos: 0
Accepted Solutions: 0

Re: Why can't I pay with my debit card?

I've been paying with my debit card for weeks,  suddenly I'm being told my purchases have got to be paid by E cheque.  I don't want this

. How do I revert to paying by debit card? 

0 Kudos
Ping New Community Member
New Community Member

I have been using paypal almost 2 years. Now I having the same problem just the first time, my debit card is fine but the payment to the buyer still pending that's mean I need to wait longer to get the shipment.

I am not happy with this maybe to find another way to make it quicker.

0 Kudos
classy-diva Volunteer Advisor
Volunteer Advisor
Kudos: 45
Accepted Solutions: 23

If you are sending signed for then you  must post within seven days of receiving payment.

If the payment is pending in a held balance untill feedback is left you should post as soon as possible in order that feedback can be received and your funds released.

0 Kudos
PayPal Employee PayPal_lucy
PayPal Employee
Kudos: 45
Accepted Solutions: 39

Hey there guys,

If your payment to your buyer is pending, its been sent via an eCheque.

I would ask you to make sure you have confirmed your card as having a confirmed back up funding source will significantly reduce the chance of eCheques being sent.

Both your bank account and card will have to be confirmed.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Credit/Debit Cards’ under ‘Financial Information.’ (Don’t see this step? Follow the instructions below.)
  4. Click ‘Link and Confirm My Card.’
  5. Click ‘Save and Continue.’
0 Kudos
maddie123 Member

:smileymad:Hi there , i have been using pay pal for a few years now .all of a sudden i can't pay with my debit card. i have not had this problem before .by paying with echeque it takes too long, i am already waiting for items i have bought and paid by echeque ,it is too slow . can you explain why this is happening? it seems i am not the only one !

0 Kudos
PayPal Employee PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
Kudos: 43
Accepted Solutions: 18

There can be quite a few reasons, for starters if your payment method is defaulting to eCheque then more likely you usually pay by Instant Transfer rather than your Debit Card.

On the payment review page are you given any other funding options?

In addition, check the expiry date on your card in your profile, under 'cards', update it if needs be.

0 Kudos
signaller New Community Member
New Community Member

i have been using paypal service for last two yrs ,using debit card,first tiem my transaction did not go through yesterday.pls help

0 Kudos
dondonkey Member

You set up a direct of which I was unaware it used my Personal Reserve that has cost a £22 penalty clause all to pay £9.79 . To say the least I am not too pleased. There should have been sufficient funds to cover this amount but your transfer of funds to me took more time than did for you to claim from my bank account

dondonkey

0 Kudos
1950 New Community Member
New Community Member

i have recently changed my email address therefore cannot use my pay pal account what do i do?

0 Kudos

I am now receiving a note when I try to pay for my won items saying I have spent XXXX amounts + so need to verify my debit card! I did this  + it now says I have to wait two days before using my debit card? I don't want to let people down who have sold me goods in good faith so what can I do?

0 Kudos