When should I expect to recieve instant withdrawls to my bank account?

JamesBarber92
Contributor
Contributor

I created my account on 24/08/14, since then on the 29th,30th & 31st of August I withdrew funds on each of these days to my bank account. Assuming the transfer wouldn't take place during the weekend I thought the money would be in my bank account on Monday morning. However since this morning only the withdrawal I made on the 29th has arrived in my bank account near the end of the day. The other 2 are set as Pending... I thought Paypal allowed INSTANT transfers? I have verified my bank & visa card and entered ALL information I possibly can. When will I be allowed instant bank withdrawals?

One of the amounts (from the 31st) was sent to me via the goods and services transfer by accident, which I accepted but then refunded and was sent it as a friend. I don't know if this affects my account at all like Paypal think I'm selling things?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Sophie

Hi JamesBarber92,

Welcome to the Community Forum! So sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your withdrawal.

Although generally your withdrawals will complete instantly, and then show on your bank balance within 2-3 hours, there is a chance that withdrawals will be held by our internal security system for up to 72 hours, from time to time. This is not a reflection of your account history with us, but is a security precaution which may kick in at random, particularly if you've only recently added the bank you're withdrawing to.

The payment you received and later refunded is unlikely to have had an impact on this issue occurring. Once you have an established payment history with us, withdrawal holds are less likely to occur, but in the meantime, we appreciate your patience with the holds, which I understand may be inconvenient, but are only in place to ensure the security of your account.

Hope this helps,

Sophie

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

withdrawals take UP TO 72 hours but if its going to be longer than 24 hours you normally get an email.

best if you withdraw x1 per week rather than daily as its more likely to go through in a few hours.

also be careful if you are selling as paypal don't like you using the personal payment option for sales.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JamesBarber92
Contributor
Contributor
Ok, thanks for your help. Glad to know It's only a temporary thing. I'm not selling anything anyway it was a friend who had only made an account also and wasn't sure how to transfer funds to my account. Again, thank you.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.