What is the correct phone number format for setting up a new account?

Ehsan_T
New Community Member

Hi all,

I've moved to UK and I have to create a new PayPal account. But when I want to fill the sign up form, I'm always getting this error message for my mobile phone number, although I'm entering the correct format and number without country code and without the 0 infront of my number:

"Please check your phone number for typos, the format doesn't look right."

I also have read these posts:

/t5/Access-and-security/Phone-Number-Format/m-p/1186282/highlight/true#M13159

/t5/Access-and-security/Phone-number-format/m-p/1116161/highlight/true#M10883

But none of them apply to me, since I'm entering the correct phone number.

Please advise how can I pass this situation

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ehsan_T
New Community Member

I managed to solve it myself.

the problem is that if I choose mobile as the phone number, I could not create the account and no matter what, I always got the error.

Then I chose "Home" instead of "Mobile" and could seaily create my account with my mobile number instead of home number.

Then after login, I could change the same number to mobile number without any problem.

Hope this solution can help anybody who has/had same issue as me...

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ehsan_T
New Community Member

I managed to solve it myself.

the problem is that if I choose mobile as the phone number, I could not create the account and no matter what, I always got the error.

Then I chose "Home" instead of "Mobile" and could seaily create my account with my mobile number instead of home number.

Then after login, I could change the same number to mobile number without any problem.

Hope this solution can help anybody who has/had same issue as me...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.