Verified but still can't receive payments or create an invoice

thelegions
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm from Cairo, Egypt.

My account is 100% verified, Mastercard linked successfully, the usual 1.50 were deducted from my CC balance (and they still weren't refunded after confirmation as PayPal said, but that's not the point now), and the 4-digit confirmation code from the statement, entered. Yet I still can't receive money and Paypal thinks I still need to link my credit card, even tho I already did that once.

When I go to "Send & Request Payments" and click "Create Invoice" it says:

Your Account May Only Be Used to Send Money

As a PayPal Send Only account holder, you are not permitted to receive funds from other PayPal account holders.

Your account cannot receive payments. To receive payments, set up your account.

Regardless of the fact that this "setup your account" hyperlink is broken, I'm so confused right now, the credit card seems to be linked successfully so I can't see where the problem lies at the moment. Can you help me?

PS I've already tried with customer support but nobody answers me that's why I'm posting my problem here again.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_david

Hi there Thelegions.

Welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry but customers in Egypt can currently only send money on PayPal. It's not possible for customers in Egypt to receive money on a PayPal account. This may change at some point in future but it's not currently a possibility I'm afraid.

David.

Login to Me Too

On_off_merchant
New Community Member

I sell used stuff in the Philippines with the priciest transaction at USD 200.  I want to accept credit card payments through Paypal. Can I receive payments through Paypal in the Philippines?  Many thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.