Varifying PayPal account help!!!

EmmaJGardiner
New Community Member

Can someone please explain to me how I’m meant to varify my PayPal account? I’m in the middle of buying something for my father and it really won’t wait for the 24-48 hour period PayPal are promising to email me back by, and my phone is an idiot and blocks all numbers beginning with “08″! I’ve already tried sending the varifying permission twice (where PayPal take so much money out of your bank account and give you a four digit code to enter), but nothing is happening and that was a couple of hours ago. Plus PayPal keep going on about Direct Debit, what’s all that about? Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

From paypals help pages >>> they say a couple of hours but it can be up to 24 hours.

How do I confirm my bank account?

For security purposes or as part of getting verified, you may be asked to add your bank account to your PayPal account and confirm that you're the owner of that bank account.

To confirm your bank account:

These steps apply to UK Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Select the bank account to confirm and click Confirm.
  4. Click Continue, then review and submit the Direct Debit details. (If the bank account is a business account or more than one person is required to authorise debits, you must print and sign a paper Bank Funding Instruction and post it to the address provided.)

We'll deposit 1p in your bank account. You'll find a 4-digit code next to the 1p deposit on your statement. This should appear in your bank account within the next few minutes, but may take up to two hours, depending on your bank.

When you know the 4-digit code:

These steps apply to UK Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

1. Go to www.paypal.com/uk and log in to your account.
  2. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  3. Click Unconfirmed next to the bank account to confirm.
  4. Enter the 4-digit code and click Confirm. (You can make 3 attempts)

This set up the direct debit mandate between your paypal account and bank account enabling you to add or withdraw funds to or from your paypal account / bank account.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

harethabdllah
Contributor
Contributor

i checked my bank online there is no message for code appears.
how i get my code?
do i have to go to the bank and ask him about the code or just wait 2 days please help me.

i'm new here thnks

Hareth

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.