VERIFICATION ERROR: "The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable"

criseldasulit
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am having a problem verifying my account. I have accurately filled up and added my bank account details and added my debit card details, and whenever I click "CONTINUE" on the "Confirm your credit/debit card to get Verified" page, an error always comes up:

"The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience."

What seems to be the problem with this one? my question is:

1. Is this a PAYPAL SERVER PROBLEM and does not concern my bank?
  2. Does this concern my Bank (I am currently using Paypal in the Philippines right now), my bank is the primary endorser/partner of Paypal here in the Philippines, Unionbank, both my brother and I are using unionbank, and his account was succesfully verified using the said bank.

Note: both my bank & debit card details are accurate, so I don't think an error on my details is the culprit.

I appreciate if someone answers my query. Thank you.

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22

PayPal_paula

Hi RohiniK,

Thanks for your post. I am sorry to hear you are having issues. We often see this error message if we are getting a denial message from your card issuer. When you are confirming your card all the registered details must match what is showing on your card statement. If the details are not matching you will get an error message. Generally the error message will say your card issuer is not allowing the charge however sometimes you can get the message that "

The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable".

I would recommend to double check all the details registered for your card are correct and try it again.

Please let us know how you get on.

Paula

Login to Me Too

Webranger
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue. Bank answers that Paypal fails on CV2 code checking and this problem appears for all client

Login to Me Too

Iordanis3
New Community Member

The Credit Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your credit card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Getting this message for the past 2 months.Spoke with my bank everything is ok.Also today i made a purchase from Itunes but no recent activity was made to my account or an email was send.Checked the billing imformation at my itunes accounts and it match with my paypal.Any ideas why im getting this error?Is it from me or from paypal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi lordainis3,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.Smiley Happy

I am sorry to hear you have been getting this error. In my experience you will often get this error if you card issuer is declining your payment. When you click to verify your card we initiate a random charge to your card. If your card issuer declines this charge you will get the message that you are getting.

I would recommend to contact the online authorisation department at your bank to see why they may be denying the charge.

I hope this helps and thanks for posting.

Paula

Login to Me Too

RohiniK
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Paula,

I have contacted the bank and got my authorisation. Thank you for guiding me , really appreciated.

Regards,

Rohini

Login to Me Too

Hi Paula

Ive had the same problem verifying my Debit card and bank account. However, on the two occasions that I linked my Debit Card moneys were successfully withdrawn from my account from Paypal, however no four number pin was left? I have also submitted proof of address requirements and followed up with various emails requesting feedback of some kind so that the process can move ahead, but without getting any response whatsoever? This is beginning to cost me money as donors have tried to, but can no longer send money to us. Please Help?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi newparadigmthin,

Thanks for posting.

I'm afraid we don't have access to your account details through our Community Forum.

However, we'd like to do our best to help you move things along here with what sounds like an account limitation so would you consider contacting us on Facebook or Twitter instead? That way, we can pull up all the details and escalate this to the right team 🙂

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

Why don't you give this approach a try?

Conor

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello RohiniK, 

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the PayPal community! I am sorry to hear about this experience. Based on the message, it sounds like your card issuer might be declining the verification charge. If you are still getting this error, I would recommend you to contact with your card issuer to confirm that the card is fully activated for online use.

Hope this helps, 

Carlos

Login to Me Too

baccara1

Hello everyone. I hope to write my problem in correct section.

Before days i created a paypal account and my bank give me to me a MASTERCARD card, i told them that i want to use for paypal and they created for me this type and not VISA.

Now, i am in the process to link my bank account in my card, but i receive this message. How can solve this?

My contact details are correct.

Thanks in advanced.

Login to Me Too

JoannaSarili
New Community Member

I have the same problem, I add my visa card and It was deducted $4 to my account and I already received the PP*CODE* but still can't confirm my card.

Before my account was verified with my husband's visa card deducted $8 and I am expecting that it will load up to my paypal, but still my account has 0 balance. I am hoping also to get my $10+

Please help me.

Thanks in advanced.

Spoiler
The Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.