Update account information - EU regulations

Dolphi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi guys,

about a week ago we receive this email from PayPal:

We need to confirm some of your account information or collect further
information. Please complete this by 06/09/2011. If you don't do so in
time, PayPal is required by EU regulations to limit access to your account.

The next time you log in to your PayPal account you’ll be guided through
a process to collect the necessary information.

After I log on I can see this screen:

Why do I need to provide additional information about my account?

We require additional information about your account for the following
reason(s):
#

8 Jun 2011: EU regulations require that we collect and confirm your
account information by 23/07/2011.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-334-844-812.)
#

3 Apr 2011: EU regulations require that we collect and confirm your
account information.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-001-266-441-125.)

There is no link or button, also there is no case in resolution centre. I already wrote to PayPal 6 days ago with no answer. Does anybody have the same problem? If so, how did you sort it out? How can I provide the required informations?

Thanks

Dusan

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

aventine
New Community Member

Yes same happened to me. I can only assume that they have all the information and that we only had to hit continue, but who knows. I will watch this to see what they say.

Cheers

Keith

Login to Me Too

roverviews
Contributor
Contributor

I had the exact same thing. Cant remember what I clicked on now. Think it was 'Continue'. I assumed that would 'guide' me through the process, whatever that was. But instead the next screen said information sent, or something like that. I immediately thought, what have I done? Have I clicked on a phishing link in email or something by mistake and sent all my private details to Nigeria??.

I was very concerned, looked all through Paypal info and this is all I can find on the subject, with no explanation of what happened at all.. All i can assume is, as you say they already have all the information and everything is fine.

But, it would be nice to know what information has been provided to the EU on my behalf, without me knowing. AND, why the information is required in the first place. Especially when paypal is, alledgedly doing all it can to make thing safer for its users.  I feel very uneasy about it.

The even more confusing thing is that this occured 5 days ago, then I received an email this morning, which I thought at first was fake, from paypal, saying I must provide information by 17/9/11 or my account will be suspended.

But, I thought I had already provided information, that I didnt know I needed to be provided, to someone I dont know and didnt even know it had happened. Something, I think, needs to be sorted out, whatever that is!!

Login to Me Too

Dolphi
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply guys, but I have no continue link or anything on welcome page. I am getting annoyed  because it shows up every day now. I think it' time call customer support.

Login to Me Too

GraemeDrift
Contributor
Contributor

Need information to comply with EU regulations

EU regulations require that we collect and confirm your account information

Thanks for coming back to provide the necessary information. You've got until 13 Aug 2011 to complete this. If you don't do so in time, PayPal is required by law to limit access to your account

I get this message when I log on, if I Go to update now” and “Authorise”, I can move on to the next screen ok.

I can fill in all of the required information except for “Company number”, as our business is a partnership and not a limited company.

I eventually get the message that PayPal cannot verify the company number (as required). Thus it would appear that the web script is only for Limited Companies and not Sole Traders or Partnerships.

Is this an over-sight, or are there separate PayPal account types as appropriate?

Login to Me Too

GraemeDrift
Contributor
Contributor

I have spoken to one of PayPal's customer support teams. My particular issue relates to my business being registered with PayPal as a "Registered Partnership", which it is not.

I have been asked to submit an email confirming that my business is an un-registered partnership such that they can amend the records their end.

Hopefully this will be job-done! lol

Login to Me Too

PayPal_barry

Hey there, the warning you are referring to is the “EU Receiving limitation/warning”. Basically once you receive in or around £1900 through your account. We are then obliged by EU regulation (it’s an Anti-Fraud measure) to re-verify your information. We often give warnings on the account before you reach the limit as it allows you time to complete the steps and so not have to become limited. We require confirmation of finances, location and your dealings on eBay/PayPal.

@GraemeDrift – There should be an option for you to select “Partnership” in the “Business Information” section.

1. Go to www.paypal.co.uk and log in to your account.

2. Click 'Profile' near the top of the page.

3. Click 'Update' in the 'Business information' section, then click ‘Edit’.

• Business Type — if you are not a Business you can select 'Individual' from the drop down menu. If you only use PayPal to make online payments please select 'I only send money or pay with PayPal', enter your date of birth and click 'Save'

• Click 'Save' to finish the process.

Login to Me Too

jelly-belly
Contributor
Contributor

I have received this email also but I am not a business or a company and have no clue how to answer the question??  have emailed paypal and await their reply!!!????

Login to Me Too

gavinocarroll
New Community Member

I have been asked for the same information.

My question is: I use Paypal for both business payments and for personal payments.  There is no option to indicate both - why is this?

Login to Me Too

fjantiques
New Community Member

yes, same thing happened to me.  Had to put in extra info, but however many times did so, button did not work.

also had to give our private trading address, which felt was a danger as in the antique business

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.