Unable to verify my credit card

John_E

I've been using the same card (Which I previously verified) for a couple of years, until today.  

I'm currently unable to use my visa debit card as paypal cannot verify the card.  Ive checked with my bank - there are funds, the card has not been refused or blocked, there are no attacks on my account.  In fact Ive just used my card elsewhere so its nothing in the back end transaction between gateway to Visa.  So it must be somehtign at PayPal.

The website offers for me to go through the verification process but fails with 'Unable to confirm card details'.  I cannot re-register the card so I am now stuck and need some help, please ?

Login to Me Too
24 REPLIES 24

John_E

Path I take is;  ebay items/ checkout/ select to pay all - confirm/login to PayPal/Select card & Confirm/Confirm payment.  Then I get the error "This card cannot be used for this transaction. Please choose a different way to pay, or add another debit or credit card to your account." and there doesnt seem to be anything I can do after that.

Any thoughts?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

the fact that it's getting as far as attempting to make the payment would suggest to me that the card is being denied, for whatever reason, by the card issuer. If we were blocking it you wouldn't be able to get as far as attempting to make the payment.

When you spoke with your bank could they see requests coming in from PayPal? If a card is denied they will see the requests.

You should contact PayPal customer service for clarification on the issue though.

Login to Me Too

BONNIE456
New Community Member

Lixy

I'm having the same problem as quite a few folks, I see. I paid for something using the paypal platform  this morning using a debit card and all went well. When I tried to use it again in the afternoon the card was 'declined' or 'could not be verified'. I have checked with my bank and there are plenty of funds and no stoppages on the card. I even spoke to the fraud team! They can see that paypal has tried to verify the card with £1 debit/credit and that it didn't go through, but there is no explanation as to why not. I was told by the bank to try to pay again through paypal using my debit card and stll it was declined. The bank advise me that there is nothing they can do as there is not a problem with my account or debit card, so it must be a paypal issue.

Is there any hope of sorting all of this out???!!! Grrrrrr!!!!!

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Lixy,

Have you checked your information that is registered on your PayPal account? If you click Profile and then Credit/Debit Cards, you should be able to check the information by clicking the Edit option.

If the information we have on file for your card is correct, you should try contacting customer services and we can look in to it further for you.

David.

Login to Me Too

Jurky14
Contributor
Contributor

Hy David i have problem..

On friday i get my new credit card and the credit card isn't active yet.. I wount to buy some stuff, but i can't.. 

I register on Paypal and everything was great, but today isn't... I put 2-3 times 4-Rigid code and paypal was disabled my credit card.. So what to do? Please help me!! 

Thx a lot... 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Jurky14, 

If your card has been disabled you will need to contact us directly to have the card re-enabled. 

For this you can contact us via email or phone and we can reset it for you. 

To contact us please click on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Jurky14
Contributor
Contributor

Thx for answering Paula

Today i click on contact you by email, but i can't send you email, because Paypal disabled my credit card and can't used credit card, i'm from Croatia, so is there any solution to contact you by email??

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Jurky14, 

You should have to option to contact us without having to enter any card details. 

If you choose email us, topic "my account" then sub topic "changed/updating account information" you should be able to enter your message. Once enter all you will need to do is submit it. 

Please let me know how you get on

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.