Unable to resolve limited account due to "server being down"

angelcatherine
New Community Member

Hi, I recently made Paypal to buy things on Depop and my account was limited as soon as I made it for reasons I am unaware of. In the "resolutions" box it is asking me to confirm my bank account and to validate my account information. I am able to provide all of the information for this but each time I try it doesn't go through. Therefore my account is still limited and I cannot close the account. This means that I can't pay for anything online that is powered by Paypal with my card. I'm extremely frustrated - can somebody please help?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@angelcatherine

Only customer services can help you   >>>

Click on the words "Contact" at the bottom of your paypal account summary page and use the phone option (if there is one in the country you are in) > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent or say the word "agent".

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

angelcatherine
New Community Member

I tried to call but waited for about 40 minutes and got disconnected. I will try Facebook though, thank you very much,

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.