UNSOLVED-lifting limits checklist at a DEADEND! useful moderator please help

peppz
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i am reposting this because somehow when i posted this it was ticked as SOLVED without my knowledge, maybe the moderator who answered did it, i dont know, but i think its the reason why no moderator has replied my response to that moderators answer, it is NOT a total repeat because theres new info plus the moderators answer DID NOT IN ANY WAY SOLVE MY PROBLEM, so DO NOT REMOVE this post just because it repeats stuff in another post because that post was FALSELY set as SOLVED

ORIGINAL POST

basically im trying to lift the limits on my account and did everything on the checklist easy peasy until the last bit where it says confirm your information which is basically putting my name and address and clicking confirm, for some reason it keeps saying info doesnt match info doesnt match even though everything is CORRECT, even varations like making it exactly like my billing address or changing miss to ms doesnt work, i am not trying to commit fraud everything there is as it should be and still paypal says

''We have done some checks and, unfortunately the information you have entered doesn't match the details we found for you.''

i even trawled through my account to see if id filled in some details differently and NOTHING was different, my address, billing address, given name etcetcetc was exactly as in the confirm info page

so i thought, NEXT STEP, confirm by phone, but then it tells me i cant confirm by mobile phone, okay this makes sense because i could be anywhere and say oh yes i live at this address BUT im an international student in a dorm, there is NO landline, so i click NEXT STEP confirm by post, it gets me to a page that says a letter will be sent to me in two weeks about what im supposed to do, fine, its the worst way possible and somehow im sure paypal will **bleep** it up somehow by sending it to me in a month and then saying my documents are wrong anyway but fine its my only choice so i click confirm but then that leads to a page that says something like 'error from the link' or 'error from the page you were trying to find', basically ERROR. then i check the page thats for lifting limits and the page says

Provide more informationUnfortunately, we can't confirm your information. Send us your documents instead.  
Confirm your informationUnable to confirm by phone - please wait to receive your validation code by post.  
Enter postal security code.Unable to Confirm by Post.  

the words on the left are cancelled out with a black line in the real page, iv copy pasted it and it doesnt transfer the line for some reason. so what the heck am i supposed to do now??? what kind of weird **bleep** up is this that i cant confirm online,on the phone, by post and suddenly its a deadend??? when i click the page for lifting limits now it just says More information required to lift account limits but then theres absolutely nothing i can click??

i really hope the moderators can give me a good solution because iv had similiar experiences to other people who have compained in the forums about how paypals customer service is like a blackhole of nonexistence, emails go unanswered, im on pay as you go so im not paying 20 pounds to wait 1 and a half hours for noone to answer like someone else posted, god how i wish ebay would crack its whip hard at paypal but then again ebay itself has quite a ridiculous way for customer service

THE MODERATORS REPLY WAS

Hey there guys,

I can understand your frustration here by reading your posts.

Peppz, with the issue you are experiencing in confirming your information the letter being sent is probably your best option.

Is your home address and billing address and if is this your address in your dorm?

If not, make your home address the same as your billing address and if this is your family home you could use the landline there the next time you are there.

Amirskillz, I have removed your email address as this is a public forum as such I wouldn't put up personal information.

If you are not given the option to upload your documents you can fax them in. Once they have ben attached to your account you will receive an email of confirmation.

Fax for limitations: 08707 307 197

MY REPLY WAS

How is this question solved??? was it you who added the solved tick on the top? shouldnt i be the one to add that??

iv been busy and havent been able to check for responses to my problem but its still exists, your answer does not help at all

the lifiting limits thing on my page says

Provide more informationUnfortunately, we can't confirm your information. Send us your documents instead.  
Confirm your informationUnable to confirm by phone - please wait to receive your validation code by post.  
Enter postal security code.Unable to Confirm by Post.

YOUR REPLY WAS:

with the issue you are experiencing in confirming your information the letter being sent is probably your best option.

are you even reading my question?? it says that im Unable to Confirm by Post, i dont even know why????

AND THEN YOU SAY:If you are not given the option to upload your documents you can fax them in

err what?? i dont even know WHAT DOCUMENTS paypal wants me to send in, every step of the way of lifting the limits it just kept saying Unable Unable Unable even though all the information i was giving was TOTALLY EXACT, until the deadend, so i have no idea what documents they even want???

Read the d*mn question before answering and putting a 'Solved' tick on the top, since when is it the job of the person whos answering to say that a question has been solved?!

NOW THERES NEW INFORMATION

Apparently, the letter 'sent in two weeks' with the verification code WAS SENT, i got it today, even though paypal kept saying there was something wrong with the address info i was putting in, like WTH, if there was no problem and paypal actually managed to send the letter WHY did it keep saying there was somethign wrong and eventually cancelling everything and not allowing me to click anything now???

Now iv got the letter, got the code that i could have used to verify the account but THERES NOWHERE TO PUT IT because paypal is USELESS

whichever moderator answers this, let me just say, GIVE ME AN ANSWER THAT ACTUALLY SOLVES THE PROBLEM, use your BRAINS, read the previous posts i pasted above and im sure youll realise that i make total sense when i say the answer does not help AT ALL.

in case you dont get it, let me break it down for you so you can see why i have every right to be so angry/rude right now: I said everything on the page had a line through it, saying it was not possible to do this to do that, and nothing was clickable and the moderator tells me 'the letter being sent is probably your best option.', when the WHOLE ISSUE IS THAT PAYPAL TELLS ME THAT THE LETTER COULD NOT BE SENT. I say nothing is clickable and i am at a DEADEND, clearly theres no info on what im even supposed to send in, and the moderator tells me 'If you are not given the option to upload your documents you can fax them in',  nothing in the replies makes sense, like hello is your brain turned on??

SO NOW i have the code but nowhere to put it and no other seeable option, Please fix this, i am clearly not the only person with such a ridiculous problem

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_lucy

Hey there peppz,

Is you account with the limit on it a UK PayPal account?

As Barry said in his response to your last post here, the information requested may vary from country to country and at this stage it may be best to give PayPal customer service a call to help you resolve the issue.

When you can the agent can help you either enter the code in the letter you have received.

UK phone: 08707 307 191

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.