Two small deposits not paid into my bank account yet to confirm change of bank details

Marc_T
New Community Member

Hi

To cut the story short a little, last Thursday I mistakenly removed my linked bank account from my Paypal account.  Anyway so I had to set up my bank account details again. I gave all the correct details. After which it said Paypal will deposit two small amounts into my bank account, and I'd then need to enter those amounts to confirm my bank account. It said this will take 2-3 days. However 5 days(and 3 working days) on from that, I have checked my bank account and I see these two small deposists have not been paid into my account yet for me to able to confirm my bank account.

Can you give me some advice on this please.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

kirstyw
New Community Member

hi it says on my paypal the deposits were made on the 31 st of may but not showing any thing on my bank account really annoyed cos got loads of things to sell on ebay and can not do this till this is done

regards kirsty

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi Kirstyw,

If you have initiated the verification process on the 31st of May, the two deposits may not have started processing until the 1st of June. 

This process takes between 2 and 3 working days so this means that today would only be the third working day. Have the deposit amounts appeared yet in your bank account?

David. 

Login to Me Too

eshanp
New Community Member

It is bloody frustrating that it takes more than 2-3 days to get confirmation of one's Bank account. By bidding for items on ebay. I did not realise that I have reached my sending limit. Therefore payments to sellers could not be honoured since  the 3rd of June 2012. Yet Paypal was able to make many withdrawals from that account on 6 June 2012. Today is the 9th of June 2012, no small deposits have appeared on my account yet. I know there was the Jubilee holidays that is no reason for the delay. I feel bad because I am unable to make payments to the sellers who think I am unreliable. Ebay should take this problem in consideration.

I hope Paypal gets this sorted soon.

Login to Me Too

Bsmited
New Community Member
I have used a netspend account for the bank account link to PayPal. And yet I have tried this 2 times it still does not work. Someone please help?
Login to Me Too

Benbenben

Same problem re waiting for deposits to hit my bank.

Issue i have is that i have an ebay sale ending in 3 hours and am not sure what will happen to the payment the buy makes.

Will it still go into may paypla account????    Its my first sale on ebay and am worried it is going to go pear shaped.!

thanks for your help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Benbenben, 

When you are verifying your PayPal account is does not affect you receiving payments. If your sale ends the payment should populate on your PayPal account and you will receive an email notification to tell you have been paid. 

Please do however continue the verification process and you will need to lift your sending limits to complete future payments. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

aidy34
Contributor
Contributor

Hi try setting it up again ,also call them through the Help Option at top right of Homepage,option will be there to email or call,calling will be best.

Login to Me Too

cazza27
Contributor
Contributor

This whole process is a total pain,I have been using paypal for many years , now I want to start selling on ebay I need to verify my account, they have my bank card details and yet still require a direct debit, you do not need a direct debit to put money into an account and I cannot get an answer as why this is needed!

I have reluctantly completed the direct debit mandate and I have been waiting since 18th September , it is now the 21st and these amounts have yet to appear, I spent hours on the phone the other day trying to sort this out, to no avail, total mess and putting me off even bothering, why is this so hard??????? I have better things to do that check my bank account repeatedly during the day for non existent transfers

Login to Me Too

BankAdmin

Hey im the BankAdmin i have made theese.

Im sorry to hear that you have not recived and email first of all what is your email address so i can send this email and confirm it.

Login to Me Too

christophc
Contributor
Contributor

I also have been using paypal for years now and need to be verified. I have tried over 5 times to verify my account using the two small deposit mode and it has not worked at all! please help me so I can continue to use your service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.