Two small deposits not paid into my bank account yet to confirm change of bank details

Marc_T
New Community Member

Hi

To cut the story short a little, last Thursday I mistakenly removed my linked bank account from my Paypal account.  Anyway so I had to set up my bank account details again. I gave all the correct details. After which it said Paypal will deposit two small amounts into my bank account, and I'd then need to enter those amounts to confirm my bank account. It said this will take 2-3 days. However 5 days(and 3 working days) on from that, I have checked my bank account and I see these two small deposists have not been paid into my account yet for me to able to confirm my bank account.

Can you give me some advice on this please.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
54 REPLIES 54

SSJHA21
Contributor
Contributor

Jyotsna
New Community Member
The same is the case with me. I created a new account and linked my bank account with all the correct details.but no amount has been received in my bank account and so I couldn't verify my account yet.please help.
Login to Me Too

amalratheesan
Contributor
Contributor

DEAR MADAM
             I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.
            I HAVE GIVEN MY BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND PAYPAL SAID THEY WILL SEND 2 AMOUNTS TO MY BANK ACCOUNT BUT NOW ITS ABOUT 2 WEEKS . I DIDN'T RECIEVED ANY PAYMENTS TO MY BANK ACCOUNT

Login to Me Too

Deepanshu18
New Community Member

i have the same problem, i am from delhi brother. U recieved any solution yet?

Login to Me Too

needingelp
New Community Member

I have registered an online account with paypal over five weeks ago...in order to be able to buy/sell on ebay uk, and was told that paypal would pay two small amounts into my account and give me a four digit code in order to verify the account and link to ebay.

THIS has NOT happened...nothing...and I am wondering what I need to do next. Any helpful advice please?

Thankyou.

Login to Me Too

mukesh720
New Community Member

i have also same problem.. dont understand.. what should i do...if you solve your problem plss  email me

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi there Artico,

By all means you can request the deposit amounts again if you wish but there are a few possible reasons as to what may have happened. I will provide the different possible reasons as to why you are unable to see the random deposit amounts in your bank account.

- You may not have clicked the Set Up Direct Debit link on the confirm your bank account page in order to activate the process.

- You could have entered your bank account or sort code incorrectly when you firstly registered your bank account.

- You could be trying to verify a savings bank account. The majority of savings bank accounts can not receive electronic direct debits and therefore, can't be confirmed on PayPal.

- Your bank may have refused our request to confirm your bank account on your PayPal account. Most of the time, you would be sent an email if this was the case.

Either way, if you contact customer services, we can try to provide you with more information in regards to why the deposits have not appeared yet on your bank account.

I hope this helps,

David.

Login to Me Too

OliviaMisa
New Community Member

Hi everyone!  

I am having trouble in setting up my Paypal account which I intend to use for my online campaign.  I already added my bank account but unfortunately my status is still unverified.  My debit card doesn't want to be accepted either for card verification. Now, I learned here through other posts that...."- You could be trying to verify a savings bank account. The majority of savings bank accounts can not receive electronic direct debits and therefore, can't be confirmed on PayPal.".  In short, as fas as I understood is that there is no way that I'll get verified.  AM I RIGHT??

It puzzled me thou, I received an email from Paypal regarding the two small deposits to my bank account...that I have yet to confirm my account.  My dilemma here is that my family and I are living abroad for almost 3 yrs thus I wont be able to confirm physically the said amounts on my bank statement nor thru the bank manager.  My question is, if I have no way to confirm the two small deposits and log it in again on my Paypal account....CAN I STILL USE MY PAYPAL EVEN WITHOUT THE CONFIRMATION?  Will I still be able to use Paypal on my online campaign??

Hope to hear from anyone here.. Many thanks!! 

Molly

Login to Me Too

PayPal_paula

Hi Olivia,

Welcome to the PayPal community forum. New members are always welcome.

We do allow you to send and receive some payments on your PayPal account before you must get verified however we do recommend that you do this straight away. You will however reach a point where you will be unable to send or receive further payments until you verify the account.

To become verified you will need to initiate the two random deposits to be sent to your bank statement. Once you can see these on your statement you will then need to log in to your PayPal account and enter them. Once entered your bank will be confirmed and your account will show as verified. If the account you have added is a savings account I would recommend that you remove it and add a current account as savings accounts cannot be verified.

Also, if you are now living in another country then you should consider opening a PayPal account in the country instead.

I hope this helps and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Paula

Login to Me Too

tliao

Hello Paula,

I've just made a payment before confirming my bank account. What will happen next? I planned to wait for a while for the random deposits supposed to come in 2-3 working days, but I ventured to click the button, and it showed that the payment was done. Then I realized I had not confirmed the bank account yet. So, I am really curious what will happen next? Will the payment be done properly? 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.