Transferring Account Details and Bank accounts from limited / restricted accounts when 18

Thomas_Scott_TS
Contributor
Contributor

Hello. I'm here to try and get some answers and hopefully get some stress off my sholders.

I created my PayPal account back in 2015 when I joined a semi famous YouTube channel to produce and edit videos for. Since then, I have been able to make a good amount of money from said channel and have even been able to contribute to our family's household as we arent a wealthy family. However, when I joined, I was only 15 and put in the details that I was born in 1990 instead of 2000. I completely forgot about it until a few months ago, and i wish i had realised sooner.

I managed to almost reach the paypal limit of 2500 per calendar year, which prompted PayPal to put my account into limited, and said that I needed to confirm my identity within a set number of days (90 now) or my account would be put in restricted. I then contacted the head of the channel who said that i could find another way of receiving income or hold everything until i turned 18. This wasn't the main issue. The main issue was that despite moving all money off the account and removing my bank accouint and debit card, my bank account was still linked, therefore i will not be able to add it to another account, which means I will not be able to withdraw it for bus fares and helping out with the off shopping.

So basically I'm asking whether I will be able to unlink my bank account from my current paypal to a new one when I turn 18, or will i essencially need a new bank account altogether in order to withdraw payments into cash. Thanks.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Xris_dB
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Thomas_Scott_TS,

If you are underage at this moment you will need to provide proof of it by sending us a photo of your passport or driver’s license through the resolution centre. Once confirmed under age we will allow you to withdraw funds but your bank will be linked to this account until you turn 18 and contact us to remove the financials.

Chris

Login to Me Too

Nat27
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I was wondering just to clarify that if you send in your id and your under 18 they will let you withdraw any funds In Your account immediately and then limit it again?

Login to Me Too

Nat27
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I was wondering just to clarify that if you send in your id and your under 18 they will let you withdraw any funds In Your account immediately and then limit it again?
Login to Me Too

rac233
Contributor
Contributor

Please keep me updated as I have the exact same problem 

Login to Me Too

rac233
Contributor
Contributor

Login to Me Too

rac233
Contributor
Contributor
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.