Suspicious behaviour e-mail

Avril88
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, i received an email yesterday from paypal saying there is suspicious behaviour on my account, it is saying my account has been accessed by  an unauthorised  third party so is restricted,  there is a link in the e-mail i have to click on to lift the restriction, it all looks a bit fishy, iv'e logged into my paypal and everything is as normal,  it says if i dont click on the link my accout will be suspeneded!! because of fraud, please help.............. do i click on the link?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Avril88
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, this is why i asked first the e-mail had no paypal heading ect....just didnt look right, iv'e never had anything like this before. Thanks again.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

NOPE if you click on your link then you will give away your password and account details to scammers.

This is a typical scam to scare you into doing just that.

You will know an email is not from PayPal when:

•The email uses a generic greeting like 'Dear user' or 'Hello, PayPal member’.
•The email requests financial and other personal information.
•The email includes an attachment, a software update to install on your computer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Avril88
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply, this is why i asked first the e-mail had no paypal heading ect....just didnt look right, iv'e never had anything like this before. Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

Jennii
New Community Member

I sent them a reply but didn't get through.    OMG, I thought losing my family to a horrific car crash was more than I
could bear.  But this has left me with no reason to live.  I am going to
cover myself with honey and walk far into the forest. I can only hope my
death by bear is quick. I know it will not be painless, but compared to
this email, I think it will only cause me a few minutes of screaming and
crying and begging for help.  Farewell for now.  Of course it was sent back. lol

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.