Sorting Code

ace30016
New Community Member

ok so im with USAA banking and when asked for a sorting code i have come to find out they dont have one, so in order to verify your account in order to increase your spending limit, you need a sorting code, so now im stuck at trying to figure out this and no one from PayPal ever returns my email no matter how many times i send to them. and so i just decided to try on here. ive been waiting for months for this problem to get fixed. if nothing gets posted bye a moderator within 30 days i will delete my account and i will not return to service with paypal.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

PayPal_paula

hi ace30016,

A USA bank account can be added to a PayPal account however it can not be confirmed. In order to verify your PayPal account, a UK bank account must be added.

Also, I must mention that the PayPal community forum is designed to have members answer each others posts however from time to time our moderators may answer however we can not answer every post.

I hope this helps

Paula

Login to Me Too

MichelleTherese
Contributor
Contributor

In order for an American bank account to be verified... you must add a bank account from the U.K.?

This isn't going to work either: my money is in an American bank ~ how will verifying a bank account in the UK help me when my money is in my American bank account?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

No, to verify your PayPal account and lift the sending limit you must add and confirm a UK bank account to your UK PayPal account. You may add a US bank account to a UK PayPal but you cannot use it to fund payments.

Login to Me Too

MichelleTherese
Contributor
Contributor

Ok, this is starting to make sense.

I am American and I live in the UK but my bank is American. So when I use PayPal I can't verify my bank account because we don't have 6-digit "sort codes" in America. We have 9-digit "routing numbers."

Lucky for me I have a joint bank account here in the UK with my British husband, so hopefully I can use this bank account, the UK one, to verify my PayPal account.

Login to Me Too

Chris94
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, I have a canadian bank account "first caribbean bank" they have a 4 digit sort code. Therefore i cannot report a fraudulent fund that has happened to my account. I need this issue resolved please.
Login to Me Too

NicolaFranklin
New Community Member

I am living in the US, have a US bank account, and am using paypal.com - and yet when I try and add a bank account it is asking for a sort code, not a routing number.  How do I resolve this issue?

Login to Me Too

Morganlacretia
New Community Member
I can't find my bank sort code
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Morganlacretia,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Your bank sort code, sometimes called the branch or bank code is the number that identifies your local bank branch. If you are using an IBAN number it is normally the 6 digits that precede your bank account number. If you are still having difficulty I recommend speaking to your bank. They should be able to assist you in locating this.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.