Removing receiving limit per year (EU)

Rimas1989
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

To remove receiving limits i have uploaded 2 documents: photo id and proof of adress on feb 3. After a week on Feb 10 I got a message from paypal:

"Feb 10, 2015: You have received €1,800 or more in total payments to your PayPal account in this calendar year and are therefore approaching our annual receiving limit of €2,500. PayPal is required by law to comply with European Union Anti-Money Laundering regulations by collecting information from customers when they reach this limit. Please go to the Resolution Centre for more information on what you need to do.

(Your case ID for this reason is PP-003-699-345-888.)"

In resolution centre status says: Waiting for your response. So i've uploaded additional document - driver's license, but status did not change. It's been already 18 days since i have provided required documents. Didn't get any response or emails from paypal. So my main questions are:

How long do you need to wait before paypal checks your documents and removes receiving limits?

My current receiving limit is 140$. On march 1 I suppose to receive 200$. If the limits will not be removed till that date, what will happen to 200$? Because it's over the limit will the money be rejected?

Here some screenshots of my paypal regarding this issue:

Resolution centre - as you can see 3 uploaded documents and status says: Waiting for your response.
After pressing on resolve button i get transferred to this page:

Do i need to do something else or just wait it out? I'm from Europe, Lithuania if it's relevant.

Post edited to comply with forum guidelines.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Conor

Hi Rimas1989,

Welcome to our Community Smiley Happy

It is unusual that this case is taking so long to be reviewed.

However, if you're yet to reach your limits and the warning you described is having no impact on your use of your account, a review can take a couple of weeks.

Please don't worry though. If you happen to reach your limit, your case will be prioritised and this means it will usually be resolved within a matter of hours. Would you consider contacting us on our other social media channels so we can help move things along for you here?

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

I hope this advice helps Rimas1989 and we look forward to hearing from you,

Conor

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
22 REPLIES 22
Solved

PayPal_Conor

Hi Rimas1989,

Welcome to our Community Smiley Happy

It is unusual that this case is taking so long to be reviewed.

However, if you're yet to reach your limits and the warning you described is having no impact on your use of your account, a review can take a couple of weeks.

Please don't worry though. If you happen to reach your limit, your case will be prioritised and this means it will usually be resolved within a matter of hours. Would you consider contacting us on our other social media channels so we can help move things along for you here?

We are available 24/7 to answer private messages sent through our Facebook page (http://goo.gl/4BO8de) and respond swiftly to any tweets directed towards @AskPayPal!

I hope this advice helps Rimas1989 and we look forward to hearing from you,

Conor

Login to Me Too

TwitchDinotti
New Community Member

Hello!
I have a problem! First iam using paypal to receive donations from a people around the world because iam a twitch streamer. This is my page www.twitch.tv/dinotti so check it out. I play games and stream.
So where is the problem? Problem is that i am soon to reach the limit which is 2500 eur per year. I tried to change to bussines acoount so i can lift limits and it was unsuccessful. I dont own the company. When i need to pick what kind of bussines profile u have i picked private company because i didnt know what to pick. I dont have a company i just play games at home and recieve donations. I wanted to verify my bussines account but you ask my id photo which i sent you and photo of company identification. I dont have company. There is so many streamers which use paypal and have unlimited account. So can u help me what to do, to lift up limits. I need that urgent!

Thank you for help.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi TwitchDinotti, 

Thanks for posting. 

If you have registered on your account that you are a private company we will ask you for business information to lift your limits. To change that you will need to update your business type. The type I would recommend is Individual. This is how to update it:

• Click the Profile icon at the top of the page and then select Profile and Settings from the drop-down menu.
  • Beside 'Business information', click Update.
  • Click Edit.

Once you have done that we should only need proof of your name and address to lift your limits. 

I hope this helps. 

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

klemzi444
Contributor
Contributor

Hey can you help me out I got the same issue. http://share.pho.to/A56wK      http://share.pho.to/A56wk

Except when I provided all my info, there is one thign left to do. it says: verify your account using your bank account or credit card.  http://share.pho.to/A56wq

So I click next and it gets me here :  http://share.pho.to/A56wr  - to the wallet... and what am i supposed to do now ? its like endless circle now im here and I can click on notification again and I will go under  resolution center where i will click RESOLVE again and it will take me to the same site...  where I have to provide my info ( already did so its automatically saved already ) but it still says : verify your account using your bank account or credit card,.. and i click next and im at the Wallet section again.. what am i supposed to do now ? 

Oh and also because I didnt know what to do I tried linking the same card that was already linked,... so because of that it automatically unlinked it I guess.. so I had to link it back again.. I hope that  didnt affect the withdrawal I did 10 hours prior that ? 

Thanks 

Login to Me Too

Bilobonda
New Community Member

I actually have the same problem as klemzi444 I don't know what to do once I've reached the page that shows the credit cards and bank accounts linked to my paypal account. I have provided the other documents, but it stills say "waiting for your response". I have already a bank account confirmed, and I just added my credit card but it's not confirmed yet.

I don't know where to go from here.

Thank you for your help!

Login to Me Too

Ranbir

Hello,

Did you manage to resolve this issue? I have experienced exactly the same issue today. 

My bank account and credit card were confirmed ages ago, so I don't know what to do?

I'm stuck on the same page as you.

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Will75
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Let me explain the Regulations of Withdrawal Limits imposed by PayPal,I would refer to "The Money Laundering Regulations 2007" CDD. Part 2. 11- Requirement to cease  transactions. (1) Where,in relation to any customer,a relevant person (PayPal) is made to apply customer due diligence measures in accordance with the provisions of this Part,he- (a) must not carry out a transaction with or for the customer through a bank account. When you open an account with PayPal THEY must verify your bank account Before they place Any amount however small into that bank account. You as consumer have Rights under "The Payment Services Regulations 2009" (Statutory Instruments) Termination of framework contract. 43. (7) This regulation does not affect any right of a party to the framework contract to treat it as unenforceable or void (including any right arising out of a breach of the contract) Refusal of payment orders. (5) Where all the conditions set out in the payer's framework contract have been satisfied,the payment service provider may NOT refuse to execute an auithorised payment order irrespective of whether the payment order is initiated by the payer or by or through a payee,unless such execution is otherwise unlawful. Why are you using PayPal? There are Statutary Instrumenbts in the UK that give YOU rights when You use eBay/PayPal 2 American companies. they are Listed in the Consumer Rights Act 2015.,Part 2. Unfair Terms. Requirement for contract terms and notices to be fair. 62. (1) An unfair term of a consumer contract is NOT binding on the consumer (4) A term is unfair if,contrary to the requirement of good faith,it causes a significant imbalance in the parties rights and obligations under the contract to the detriment of the consumer. eBay the owner of PayPal is WRONG when they state YOU must use PayPal as a payment processor.

Login to Me Too

rudegirl118
Contributor
Contributor

HI,FIND AN ALTERNATIVE ONLINE SECURE BANK WHO WONT LIMIT YOU TO KEEP THERE SHAREHOLDERS HAPPIER,AND STUMP YOUR RIGHTS INTO THE GROUND.......GOOD LUCK 

Login to Me Too

Gracerox
Contributor
Contributor
Hi.I have done everything PayPal asked of me and still my limit hasn't been lifted and I have money in there over 5 months which I need.please advise
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.