Removed bank account by Paypal,, money disappeared!!

ash555

I have recently added a bank account to my Paypal account, for accepting funds sent via Paypal from Ebay users. Having had Paypal send me the two amounts, I am now told by Paypal themselves that teh bank account THEY sent money into, is not a valid bank account!! THEY sent the money into my new account, and yes, it shows up as the two small deposits on my statement!!

BUT, I withdrew £76 from my Paypal account that very same day, and they removed my new bank account!!!! My money, ( £76.00) is NOT in my Paypal account, NOR has it been credited to my bank account!! What am I to do, It is in cyberspace somewhere, or is it that Paypal are keeping schtum, gaining interest on MY money, until I kick up enough fuss?? t Is there anyone in the same position, I would love to hear from you.. Many thanks.. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there ash555,

Is this a savings account? If so this sounds like the problem. Savings accounts can be used on PayPal however some can be disabled when you try to confirm them as most saving accounts do not accept direct debits.

Your withdrawal however should still complete to the bank within 2-3 working days. If your bank reject the withdrawal it will be sent back to your PayPal balance and we will notify you.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

joyce1997
New Community Member

hi can anyone help i transfared £80 to my bank account 5 days ago ,its gone out off paypal and its saying its been transfared to my account and is complete ,but i been bank its not gone in to my bank what can i do to find were my money gone thanks

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AdrianO

Hey there,

Withdrawals take 2 to 3 working days from when they complete from PayPal. If your withdrawal is still not showing then contact your bank. If they cannot locate then you can contact PayPal after 14 days and request a trace.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.