Permanently Limited

IM67
Contributor
Contributor

I have had my PayPal account permanently limited and been accused of selling counterfeit / copies of Ralph Lauren clothing on eBay - this is simply not true as I have the original receipts from the Ralph Lauren store !  

What can I do as I really need PayPal ?

Login to Me Too
32 REPLIES 32

snoozyblue
Contributor
Contributor

To appeal a limitation, you will need to call PayPal on 0800 358 7911 and ask to speak to their Limitations team. If it's a permanent one I'm not sure if it'll help, but they'd be the only guys able to change anything for you, so it's worth a go?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IM67

Permanent means permanent, sorry.

Also never use the number posted, always go to help / contact bottom of paypal pages and then you can use the code paypal gives you that helps you access customer services more quickly.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
You almost always have to call the above number. The code Cornwall mentioned allows an agent to find your account and verify it without asking other questions. There are few exceptions to the phone number but you will know them if you need them. To get to the right department just talk to their lovely robot.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

If you are going to be abusive by calling me by other names then i will inform the moderators.

Also you don't have to talk to the 'robot' at all, you just say AGENT or nothing at all and you get straight through to customer services.

Not sure why you are suddenly hurling abuse at me in your recent posts but it has been noted and reported.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry if i misstranslated your name and by robot I meant voice recognition. Saying agent over and over doesn't work. I've tried it. I made on snarky comment. If that's upset you I'm sorry your feelings are hurt but it's hardly a reason. To report me. I would like to point out that some of the information is incorrect and the way you speak to other users is condescending and pretty obnoxious at times. Do you get paid for this?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

''Agent'' does work and has been confirmed by many others over the years i have been helping on here.

And I won't call you by anything other than your given name and I don't expect you to do so either.

Your posts are already being ''monitored'' for your rude comments to me so carry on do and i will report each one.

And the mods are perfectly happy with my posts so if you are not then i suggest you take them up with the mods in the UK AND the U.S.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
Oooh transatlantic posting. I'm not being abusive and call me what you want I don't have a fragile ego. If the mods are watching me surely they must be watching you too given you're the one picking arguments on two threads like a child instead of helping the community like they're supposed to.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

LOL they are not just watching me and they are very supportive of me and other advisors.

And as for your ''i give more helpful advice than you'' then i suggest when you get to 7000 kudos / solutions from grateful 'users' of this forum who i have saved from being scammed or helped rather than the 4  !!!!! that you have got then you ''may'' start to compete.   Smiley Happy 

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
1. I never said I give more helpful advise than you so you can't put it as a quotation. 2. I Don't have that many posts because I don't sit at my computer all day answering them and I've only been on the forums 3 days. 3. Maybe the admins/mods should check in on you from time to time to make sure you're not being rude to their client base and giving them a bad rep. After all someone who posts as much as you must get paid for it. 4. It's users they use the forum they aren't masquerading as users unless you're just giving yourself kudos from 7000 accounts (breach of Ts&Cs) so don't put that in quotes either. It's just wrong.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.