Paypal suddenly can't verify my card?

Kimchi9
New Community Member

Hello, I've been using paypal for almost 2 years with my debit card. My account has been verified and I have been using it for many transactions all this while. While I was trying to make a payment 2 days ago, there was a message in an orange box that showed up saying, "Sorry, your bank wasn't able to verify your *CARD* at this time. Please choose another way to pay." I have done everything that was put up as suggestion on the PayPal help page. I called the bank but they said they didn't received any failed/attempted/successful transactions being made. I have also cleared my cookies and remove and add my card again. Nothing seems to be working out. I also tried to make the payment on a daily and sometime shourly basis but it doesn't work either. Please help! I urgently need to make a payment.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi Kimchi19, 

Welcome to the PayPal community, 

I am sorry to hear you are having such issues with this. If you are getting the error saying "sorry your bank wasn't able to verify your Card at this time" then I would recommend to reach out to your bank account. I understand that you have called them already but I would advise to call them again and ask to speak to the online authorisation department. The team will be able to view any online card denials and should be able to help you. 

Also, if it is just one particular payment you are getting this error on I would suggest that you ask the person you are sending the payment to to send you a payment request instead. This can sometimes help. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.