Paypal can't verify my debit card

dozenneggs
New Community Member

I was about to link my card to my account but after I type in the card details and click on link card, it shows "We were unable to verify this credit card. Please check if the information you entered is correct. Please also make sure your credit card billing address matches your PayPal postal address." I'm sure that my name, phone, address match with my card information. It is a POSB GO! debit card with a MasterCard logo on it.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mawesome_marcus
New Community Member

i'm experincing the same problem as well

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi dozenneggs & mawesome_marcus,

Welcome to the Community ForumSmiley Happy

There are a number of reasons why you both may be encountering this error message.

The most common reason is that the card is already associated with another PayPal account, perhaps an old account you held with us.

Another possibility could be that your card issuer is denying our attempts to verify the card. If this is the case we usually suggest that you call the number on the back of the card and ask to speak to the 'Online Payments Department'.

The only way we can know for sure is if you send us a brief email or give us a quick call so we can pull up your account details to take a look.

I'm afraid I don't have access to account specific information here to do that for you.

I hope this helps,

Conor

Login to Me Too

Jeremybigdong
New Community Member
I can't verify my card and I already been using this card for redbox for years. No all the sudden
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Jessica

Hi Jeremybigdong,

Thanks for posting in the forum and apologies for the late reply.  Sorry to hear about the issues to verify your card. Have you contacted the card issuer to confirm that there are not any issues on their side? If you call the number on the back of the card and ask to speak to the online authorizations department, they would be able to provide more details.

Thanks,

Jessica

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.