Paypal Card verified seems to be a scam

Amazon12345
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal TOOK money on my credit cards (3). Only one let me verify and get my money they took back. There was no option to verify the other cards. I called customer service and they told me the return funds would be on the next statement.m Statements arrived last week and no returned funds. So just imagine if hundreds of thousands of people dont card about a couple bucks - Big Profit for Paypal. 

And I just got another email that hey are again stealing money from a card account, but I never added any new cards.

What a bunch of crap

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi Amazon12345 and welcome the PayPal community forum, 

I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about our verification process for confirming your card. When you are confirming your card a charge is sent to your card statement. Beside the charge there is a four digit code. Once you receive this code you will enter it in on your PayPal account and your card will become verified. You will then receive this charge back. This charge can only be initiated by you initiating the confirmation process. If you are seeing different charges please contact us directly so we can help. You can contact us by phone by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page. 

Thanks for posting 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Amazon12345
Contributor
Contributor

Still no refund of charges from May 11. Now July 18. I added a new card then got the email to verify card, this time I did not ask for a verify, so I don't expect any charges to the card. Many other online merchants like Amazon, Bell Mobility and Costco, just put through a $1 charge to verify the card then process the complete balance, which when accepted they withdraw the $1 , as it was just a pre-Auth amount. Why does Paypal need a complete billing cycle. I got the codes, but after I did it for one card, that was it the website never prompted or allowed me to enter the other two codes. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.