PayPal Account Limitation

Robert8x
Contributor
Contributor
Hello, My account got sent and email today saying that my PayPal account has been limited, so i logged on to the PayPal resolution center and it says it's been limited due to them needing more information about my recent transactions. Then a case number: PP-005-661-221-801. How do i get this sorted out? Is it because I've made too many claims on dispute center? Or is it because my bank charged back my university friend some money i sent him as they detected it as unauthorised. I'm a little confused as to what I've done, any advice would be appreciated. Also how long is my account limited for? Thanks, Robert
Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robert8x

No one here is going to know the answer, you need to contact customer services, phoning is the best option.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Robert8x
Contributor
Contributor
I've done so, they just said it's because i made 2 claims within a week, permanent ban, no appeal and that's final. Does this mean i can never use websites that check out with PayPal only?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robert8x

If they have said a permanent ban then yes you won't be able to use paypal in the future.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Robert8x
Contributor
Contributor
Fair enough, but if a company is going to be that stupid over an accidental chargeback on my banks behalf, then id rather shop elsewhere anyway and make sure PayPal don't profit from my transaction.
Login to Me Too

Robert8x
Contributor
Contributor
I even used to have credit with them, paid it all off and never had an issue before, don't know why they think I'm some scammer.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Robert8x

To be honest they don't WANT to limit paypal accounts because as you have said they make money from you.

They only ban you if there is a good reason to do so but what that is you would have to ask them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Robert8x
Contributor
Contributor
Yeah i did ask them, they thought my account was fraudulent since there was 2 claims in 3 working days, bit of a shame really as PayPal was really handy for people giving me fuel money etc. Back to bank transfers it is!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.