PAYPAL restricting account for no reason !

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

I was at home, sat by my computer, sending money to a person well verified by my PP account, as I had sent the  person money previously !

I got the usual. Pay Pal message, saying ; The money has been sent !

I am outside the UK  for a while..

Anyway, on transferring the money, I left the apartment, to go shopping, and while walking down a  Main Street in Spain,

... FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER ..!

I got a txt message, from Paypal, asking me, to verify the transaction, if it was me, press 1 if not, press 2.

I was so surprised, ...as this was the first time ever,...... that I have had to do this,   that I pressed 1 to verify..........

However,.... my so called  ...Smart Phone was set to the Spanish SIM, so I got a  txt from  PP saying they couldn't verify my identity.

So, I opened the  Smart Phone, and set the txt SIM to UK, and pressed.  1.........

No Difference !  

It keeps saying ...Identity not verified ....Transfer Not Completed !

I phoned the person in question, to ask what was happening ...     They had already received, and withdrawn the money.

SO, I went into a restaurant in Spain, with WIFI, and using the wifi, tried to contact.  PayPal ....on my Smart Phone...

Has anybody else tried this ?    

PayPal asks so many questions, by robot, that assumes you are at home, at your computer, and can answer all its questions about account numbers etc

It never asks, are you somehow in the street somewhere ? With no access to account numbers ?

Finally I got a number to call from outside the UK......Great........the  Dublin number worked,..... right up until the person on the other end answered !

First, the background noise, was as if I had interrupted an office party, ...then ... the guy who answered me, was either foreign, or well into the office party !

I could not make myself understood, and, as said, calling from a street in Spain......only to try and say, yes I sent the transfer......

The foreigner or drunk office party worker .. told me....  he was. suspending my account, since I WAS SIGNED IN AS A GUEST !

Is this par for the Pay Pal Course ?

Has anyone got a direct number to English  PayPal People ?

Any Help Would be greatly appreciated, as I need the account. to do transfers !

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, however, at 63, it is difficult enough with Email . I don't use any of that other stuff.

I have finally got through, to a helpful person, who took me through the security thing, and how to get around the greyed out boxes.

Hopefully I will have access to my account shortly.

Cheers

Jan

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JANHANSEN1

Paypal is country specific so in the UK you use a UK account and in Spain a Spanish one if you have moved there.

BUT if you are just on holiday and try and use your UK account then Paypal security kicks in and wants to make sure you are not a hacker hijacking your UK paypal account and using it in another country.

If you can't prove to them that it is you then of course they will temporarily limit that account as they are doing so for your protection.

To use the UK number you need to scroll to the bottom of this forum and click on help / contact.........as you can't log in then you will need to use the 'guest option' but not sure how you are going to prove its you that way. The way they normally sort it is by sending a text to your UK paypal account linked phone number.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I sort of understood that, and began to work my way through their questionnaire.

However, most of it, " IN THIS CASE "  was greyed out, and not useable, so I couldn't complete the page, or send it !

Login to Me Too

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that, and either the  captcha comes up with some sort of  failed message, or the answer. fields are. greyed out.

like they are saying.......... NO entry.  !

I only joined here, since all the other. Pay Pal Avenues are closed off !!!

If any of you have a direct email address to. PP. I would gladly  use it !!!

Login to Me Too

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

Oh I forgot to mention,  Yes, on my Paypal page, after logging in to my personal. Pay Pal Account,  it has , in. Notifications, 2 messages

But, once again, the  UK Pay Pal site seems to be not working, because on click¡ing on either of the 2 notifications, nothing happens.

Mebbe the PayPal site is down.

I have no Idea, but I would like an e adress to contact. Paypal UK.

Then, Maybe, I will get an intelligent. response !

Thanks for your help

Login to Me Too

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

Jeez. How many times do I have to do this  ???

I open my account and have. 2. notifications.......

But they are. greyed out ????????

How do you expect me to answer you, when all the boxes are greyed out ?

On top of that.. Ive sent you several emails through your. contact us. link

Are you closing down ? 

All  I tried to do, was authorise a payment ???

Are you going bust and are deliberately  blocking. customers. ?  

If I do not get a satisfactory response, from someone who speaks English, in 24 hrs, I will call THE SUN !

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JANHANSEN1

This is not paypal customer services, its an advice forum from other paypal 'users'.

so have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, however, at 63, it is difficult enough with Email . I don't use any of that other stuff.

I have finally got through, to a helpful person, who took me through the security thing, and how to get around the greyed out boxes.

Hopefully I will have access to my account shortly.

Cheers

Jan

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JANHANSEN1

Good news but what has your age to do with it.

That could be why you have marked your 'own' post as the solution, even though i helped you didn't bother to leave me kudos either Smiley Frustrated

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

JANHANSEN1
Contributor
Contributor

Actually, In my solved message, I was referring to that helpful lady who took me through all the greyed out boxes.

My account though, is still restricted, and I don't know anything about. KUDOS ?  what does that mean ?

I have a computer, but I do not live on it, as said I find email problematic enough.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.