Not receiving PayPal confirmation code

simonjevans99
New Community Member

Hi, I have been trying to verify my bank account but for some reason the 4 digit code is not coming through to my bank statement, can't see any reference to PayPal. I follow the steps on PayPal and pops up with the message saying "We have sent a confirmation code to your bank. Check your bank account now via online, mobile or telephone banking to find the code. Enter it below so we can confirm your bank account has been properly set up with PayPal."

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

m0jek
New Community Member

I have teh same problem.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi simonjevans99,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the situation.

When you initiate the verification process and you see the message confirming that the code has been sent to your bank, it may take around 5-7 business days the transaction to clear, however usually it is much faster than that.

Please allow few days before re-trying the verification process as this will cause a new code being sent which deactivates the old code.

Alternatively, please ask you bank to locate the incoming transaction from PayPal and they will be able to provide you with the subject line were the code will be located.

In case of any challenges with typing in the code, please consider calling the Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help you confirm the bank account for you.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

arielpontes
Contributor
Contributor

I don't even know when the confirmation was sent. I think it was a very long time ago but it's not written anywhere, so I don't know if I should wait or just try again. The message should at least say "We have sent a confirmation code to your bank on DD-MM-YYYY" so I could at least know if I should try again or wait.

Login to Me Too

DevilsMoJo
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I have tried obtaining a 4 digit code several times but it never appears on my paper bank statements. There needs to be an alternate way of verification as the current method clearly has problems, given the amount of users with the exact same problem.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.