No refund from car verification

Elionapleao
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!
I´ve already tried customer support but no one answers me so that´s the reason i´m posting this. To see if someone here can help me.
I wanted to had a new card to my account and for that paypal charges 1.50 to verify that it´s realy me using that card.
The problem is that when that happened i tried the code sent with the 1.50 charged and it didn´t work. I tried registering again another card and with the 1.50 charge and code sent it didn´t work again...tried one last time and it didn´t work 😞 This being said...paypal has 4.50€ of mine and i have no card on my account and i was bloqued because you can only try the CODE 3 times incorreclty.
I used customer support and the only thing they told me was to wait for the card to be verified and then i´d get the money back. How can i do that if the codes didn´t work?
Keep sending messages if they want a proof that the money was taken and not given back and that none of the codes work and they give me the same answer 😕 Am i not explaining my self correctly? What can i do to solve this problem? Should i try talking to my bank? What should i say? Thanks in advance

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi Elionapleao,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

It's strange that the codes you have received on your statement are not working but there is another way to confirm your card. Some credit card issuers clip the comments in the online transaction view and that can prevent you from seeing the code correctly.

You can send us information to complete the process manually. We require the following information:

• A copy of a government issued photo identification listing your name. Examples of acceptable identification include a passport, a full driving licence or a national identity card.
  • A copy of the credit/debit card statement that shows at least the last four digits of the card, your name and your postal address that matches the address registered in your PayPal account.
  • If your card statement does not display your registered address, you must provide another document for proof of address. This can be a bank statement, utility invoice, PO box document, mobile phone invoice, printed payslip or (police) registration form. The document should not be older than 12 months.

You can either upload the information in your PayPal account or fax it to us.

To upload the information just copy the following link into your web browser and follow the instructions:

http://www.paypal.com/va/cardconfirmfail/

If you prefer to use a fax please send the information to our secure fax server at 00 44 870 7303 190.

• Include a cover sheet stating: 'Attention-Global Account Link and confirm a debit or credit card'. On the same cover page, include your name and the email address registered to your PayPal account so we can identify the account.
  • It may take seven to ten working days to review the information you have provided. We will contact you once we review your documentation.

You mentioned that your card was disabled for entering the code incorrectly three times. That is a security feature but also something we can resolve for you. If you send these documents through we can set your card up again and get it confirmed.

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.