Need to close a limited account, ignored in emails and phone calls.

cxurtneh
Contributor
Contributor
Hi all, My Paypal account has been limited since around September time. The reason for this being (or what I was told over the phone with customer service) is I have had my paypal account since I was young (15/16) I have now turned 18 years old and obviously the age on my Paypal account is different. I spoke to a lady on the phone after being ignored countless times in emails and she explained I would have to close my account and the funds would need somewhere to go (my bank account) might I mention these funds are from an overseas relative who sends gift money. The woman in the phone assured me Paypal would send me an email removing the limitations and helping me close my account within 24 hours. This was 2-3 weeks ago and I got nothing. I also had an email before this saying as I did not have my passport which was sent away for my drivers licence they would accept my birth certificate as it was legal and matched my bank statements. I did so and my account has been saying they will get back to me in 3-4 days for MONTHS! Please do sometbing I am a student and I am stressed out that I am being sent funds I cannot use.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi cxurtneh, 

As PayPal moderators here we do not have direct access to your PayPal account. If you are still having issues with this I would recommend to contact us directly. You can contact us by phone or email by clicking on the help&contact link at the bottom of any PayPal page. You can also contact us on Facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter @AskPayPal.

Thanks 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.