My has been limited since April 2014 - I wish to close and remove my information.

tcOnline

Hi, my account has been limited since April of this year. I currently have no withstanding payments and the issue was resolved back then. I wish to remove this account as it is of no use and I don't want my personal information sitting on a dead account.

If someone could help me it would be great.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Log into your paypal account > click on the profile icon next to the log out button > close account link is in there.

Make sure you remove all financial info ie cards /bank accounts first.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

tcOnline

Tried that but won't let me close as my account is limited. Can't remove any of my bank details either.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ah, then you will need to contact customer services >>

Click on the words "Contact us" at the bottom of most paypal pages or in your paypal account summary > click on the "call us" option on the left (fees "may" apply so check the cost with your phone tariff first, as you sometimes have to wait a while to connect).

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent.

OR have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.