My Debit Card Got Blocked by Mistake

Thomas-F
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, my name is Thomas

So here's the deal, I have had no real issues with Paypal so far, I was always able to get it to work with my debit card issued by my local bank. I was able to make purchases totally fine even after changing the card number by getting a new physical card. Only the other day I tried to make a purchase for a good friend of mine for a micro-transaction on Runescape, but this caused my card to be blocked.

Here is the weird part is that I did the exact same thing before with no issues and suddenly it is one. I called my local bank and they "claimed" that the card is unblocked, but I can't be sure because I tried the purchase again after she "unblocked" the card, but it still didn't work.

I'm not really sure what the problem is, my representative sent a message to the card distributors to hopefully get an answer and here I am trying to tie any loose ends. If anyone can tell me what happened I would be grateful.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Thomas-F
Contributor
Contributor

After some investigation, I'm actually not very sure that it could be that transaction specifically, I guess I don't know why it's happening. If I could get an official to look at my account to find out what really is causing the problem, I'd appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

Thomas-F
Contributor
Contributor

So as another update, i don't think Paypal might be what's causing the issue after some experimentation and looking at my local account. Other payments I make with the card have been authorized and went through, but this Paypal transaction still isn't working.

When I asked my representative, she said the status of the payment immediately gives the status "Suspected Fraud" which I can see why I guess cause it would be for a game profile, but I am the one making the purchase, I'm even the one typing on the screen, I authorize it, but it still doesn't work. I'm thinking it's either an issue with the card itself or Jagex payment issues. That's my theory at least.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.