Money Held "Pending" by paypal from buyers in ebay

june4
Contributor
Contributor

Why are paypal allowed to hold over £600 of MY money for 21 days???? I have been an ebay member for over 7 years - I have NO negative feedback comments and have had only 1 return in 6 years!  I have ALWAYS had a credit balance and pay my fees on time..........They refuse to release my money even though the items have been delivered and signed for - I have positive feedback from the buyers but paypal STILL will not release my money - this is RIDICULOUS!  What gives them the right to do this???

They say it is "the system" - has this happened to other ebay members? Surely I can't be the only one that thinks this is an absolute disgrace??

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

origami55
New Community Member

Paypal don't give a toss for sellers because they believe we have no real alternative for processing payments. Consequently they can do whatever they want and unless a seller with a grudge has lots of cash to spare on lawyers we are essentially stuffed.  I've had trouble free use of Paypal for 8 years - but having just been shafted by a criminally minded customer out of a very large sum of money with no help or even the sign of interest from Paypal  - I've come to see what a bunch of crap Paypal is. The money I've lost means over the last 8 years I've now received less than 40c on the $.   I would have done better to have sold nothing using Paypal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.