Mastercard Verification error after recharging my Card

KimoHelmi

Hello,

I linked my MasterCard to my PayPal account and tried to verify it, once I get an error message like this

"The Credit Card Verification System used by PayPal is currently unavailable. Please try to add your credit card at a later time. We apologize for this inconvenience."

Then I tried to do it again and the same message appeared, the problem is my Card charged with 1$ each time which mean that I paid 2$ to PayPal without getting my card verified and also the amount didn't appear in my PayPal.

What should I do then?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Anna

Hi KimoHelmi,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m sorry to hear about the challenges.

It seems like you have not initiated the verification process. This is most likely to not sufficient funds on your card balance or your bank denying the verification transaction.

Once your bank will allow the transaction, you will be able to proceed with your card verification process.

Please don’t worry about the temporary $1 holds you see on your pending transactions statement. These are only the temporary card authorisation holds which will be released automatically by your bank, usually after 24 hours. These authorisations are performed when you add the card to your PayPal account.

If you need any further assistance, I would recommend you calling PayPal Customer Services by clicking onto Contact us on any PayPal page as they will be able to help.

We also provide support via Social Media (24/7). You can contact us directly on Twitter @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK.

Hope it helps.

Anna

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.