Maestro card

milne4517
Contributor
Contributor

Can anyone help me resolve a problem with my Maestro card.  The rules seem to have changed and my card is now being refused with message advising that "solo" cards are not now accepted.  I thought my switch Maestro card was OK - any help please?

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_john
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

You should still be able to add it

what happens when you choose the drop-down, as in this picture

add card.JPG

Login to Me Too

Gemarella
New Community Member

Having problems with signing back up with Paypal,deleted my old account and started again- newly wed new name  address etc no documents as yet.

Trying to use a Maestro credit card rather than a debit card- will this work? 

Paypal keeps denying me 😞

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Gemarella,

Yes we do accept Maestro cards, it sounds like your bank is denying our request to verify this card. If the error message you are receiving states this you will need to contact your bank directly regarding why they are denying this request.

If you need further clarification on the issue I would advise that you call us by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of any PayPal page and we can review your account specifically.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

N_Santos
New Community Member

Hello there!

I am having a similar problem trying to register my Maestro card.

It simply doesn't show a maestro card on my register form. Only mastercard, visa, Discover and american express.

Any idea why?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Masterpronoob
New Community Member

umm . i have the same problem , in the register form:
Visa
MasterCard
American Express
Discover
*NO MAESTRO*

Login to Me Too

Rikk03
New Community Member

We also can not choose Maestro, the option is just not there.

Please explain why?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there Masterpronoob,

@Rikko3

@alinavolodina

As this is a UK Community forum, the advice I have given above is UK specific.

Depending on the country your account is registered to you may not be able to use Maestro. 

I would suggest logging into your PayPal account and clicking on 'Contact Us' at the bottom of your account and 'Email Us', this way your query will go to the customer service department that looks after your account.

Siobhán 

Login to Me Too

Annathedj
New Community Member

Is it still possible to add Maestro card? 

Login to Me Too

COnst

I am with the  same problem but i dont have this switch option what i have to do is very special to add this card p

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.