Limited account due to age error.

TehGoomba
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, last June my account was accessed in China which is not me as I live in Ireland. Paypal limited my account and I needed to provide proof of identity. My DOB on passport did not match my account as I made the account when I was 13, not knowing this was against TOS. My account is permanently limited due to this, which I accept. I want to make a new account with the correct details, but I cannot add my bank card or bank as they are linked to the limited account and cannot be taken off. Is my only option to make a new bank account? If so that is very unnacceptable and disappointing as I use paypal very regularly.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TehGoomba

If you have a limited account then you are not supposed to open another one, if you do then you risk that one being limited as well.

The reason they don't allow you to remove your card etc from your limited account is to stop you using it on another account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TehGoomba
Contributor
Contributor

The email I got from paypal said please feel free to open an account with the correct details, since you are now over the required age to have an account. Don't think they'd be telling me that if it wasn't allowed. Never being able to use paypal again because my account was hacked from China doesn't seem very good policy now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TehGoomba

If you only give half the information in your opening post then you are not going to get accurate answers.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TehGoomba
Contributor
Contributor

Did not think it to be relevant to what I was asking. I want to know if someone can help me remove my bank card and bank off of my account. I don't feel safe having such personal information on an account I cannot access anymore.

Login to Me Too

TehGoomba
Contributor
Contributor

Any insight from a mod? Multiple emails to paypal and no response bar automated ones, Kinda getting annoyed now.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sophie

Hi TehGoomba,

Thanks for posting about this.

The best way to resolve this issue would be by contacting Customer Support directly so we can help with getting your financial details removed from your old account, as we don't have access to view account details from here. 

You can find our contact details by clicking the 'Contact' option at the bottom of any page when logged in. Alternatively, you can also contact us through Twitter at @AskPayPal or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK/.

Thanks for your understanding 🙂
Sophie
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.