Limited Account - Negative balance

jouph
New Community Member

I have a negative balance and its not my fault.

Esentially I made two payments to ONE seller on ebay. 

1. First payment to seller "fails" according to him and he refunds the money and asks me to do it again

2. I make 2nd payment after verifying that paypal states its "refunded" 

3. The seller refunds the 2nd payment again making excuse that it "didn't work" 

4. Told the seller I didn't want to continue and parted ways

I had two refunds sitting on my account, both of which are £125.00 EACH.

I thought this is fine, both will clear eventually and i'll get my money back. About a week passes and the first refund goes from "hold" to "cancelled". I freaked out but instead of calling paypal I called my bank in desperation and panic. My bank sends a request off to Paypal to get my money back. So far the 2nd refund is still fine however. On the 22nd of feb I get one of the payments back directly into my bank account and then a couple hours later in the same day paypal refunds the other £125.00 into my paypal balance. Naturally I think everything is fine again, so I withdraw my money. It goes back into my bank account. Everything is fine again...

Until today. I look through my emails to notice one from Paypal telling me my account is set to limited. I get worried so I log into paypal and notice I have a NEGATIVE £125.00 sitting in my balance. Where has this negative allowance came from? The refunds are rightfully mine, therefore Paypal should NOT be asking for ANY money. I have emailed paypal but I am too worried to wait for a response and I am wondering if anyone else here has experienced this before or can shed some light on the situation as I am very worried right now.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.