Limitations

Annie95
New Community Member

£1 charge made to bank card but there was no verification code attached so how do I verify my account ?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

The code will be associated with a £1 charge and will appear in the item description section, printed next to the word 'PAYPAL'.

If the £1 charge is there then the code will be.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
If you are charged via a debit or credit card it takes 3 days for the payment to be processed and show as a full transaction on your bank account. That is why cash machines and online banking show "account balance" and "avilable balance" because ypur babk is paying the card issuer the money they loaned you when you typed your pin in.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

Not talking about a bank account we are talking about a card.

And you do NOT have to wait 2-3 days.

>>

If your online card statement shows pending transactions you may be able to see the code within minutes.

Most folks these days can view their card statements online.

So if the £1 charge is showing then the code should be showing.............AGAIN if its not then it may be the poster needs to re-add the card.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
Word being may however standard advise is that if you can't see the code after 3 days sure but give it 72 hours before you remove it and 're add it. (Been there done that)
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

Standard advice hey? In your 4 kudos experience Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
You miss the bit that said been there done that. I had a good whine at an agent when I tried to confirm my card and they told me a lot of people make the mistake of blocking their card trying too soon.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

Smiley Wink

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.