Limitations

Annie95
New Community Member

£1 charge made to bank card but there was no verification code attached so how do I verify my account ?

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor

The code can take up to 3 days to show on your bank statment as it goes pending like anyother card payment. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Annie95

If you received the £1 charge but no code was sent with it then it may be advisable to remove the card and re-add it.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
You don't receive 1GBP to confirm your card. You are charged it andnit can take 3 days to show on your card/bank statement as it is a pending transaction on your bank account.

You receive 0.01GBP when you chose to confirm your bank account this is credited via the faster payments service and can take up to 2 hours.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

already stated.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
You even underlined the part you got wrong. Charge means we'll take it off you.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

Yep i stated if you received the £1 charge.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry, I missed the word charge. So we're both saying the same thing. Why did you go back to a post I made yesterday and try to correct it with the same info I gave?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@noir2point1

Because I ''added'' to the info.

The OP actually said they had had the £1 charge but not code was attached.

You presumed that they had not had the charge at all and were waiting for it to be sent.

Folks often post add on information or different advice on users posts, there is nothing wrong with that, that is the whole point of an 'advice forum'.

No one is EVER 100% correct all the time, we are supposed to learn from each other.

Yes sometimes i may post an answer and yours is better, so what? I don't get paid for this anymore than you do. I just do my best. If sometimes my answers are abrupt then thats as maybe but you should counter that with the zillions of other helpful posts that I have done.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

noir2point1
Contributor
Contributor
I don't know if zillions is an actual figure.

As for the missing code. If it's a card charge it can show as debited but the transaction won't show for 3 days because of processing times which is the most common mistake people make with card payments.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.