Instant Bank Transfers Not Available UK

MsNitisha
New Community Member

So...

Instant bank transfers are not available on my account. I have a failed bank transfer... when I intially add my bank account I didn't realise the money would come from my account. I've used a card for several months beforehand and assumed the payment would be the same. This was ebay and not clear that my bank account was set as default after I verified it.

Anyway, since then Instant transfers have been blocked on my account. I called Paypal to try and resolve and they advised I would need to make several card payments before bank account would be available again. I continued to buy as usual on ebay using my card. Bank transfer reappeared but only as echeques.

I did send an echeque but it's ridiculously slow and will not use again. I'm just wondering if these limitations are stuck on my account for good? I'm annoyed because this was an honest mistake. I didn't realise the money was coming from bank. It was a small amount, I think £27 and was covered by my backup card instantly.

I'm not happy with these restrcitions on my account and wondering if it would be best to close and start from sctratch. Paypal advise the issue is internal and nothing they can do. I have my personal details on this account but I have business banking too for a new account.

I've read other threads reagarding 'bank transfers not avaialble' and I can see the most common problem is a linked card expiring. My issue is different as both my account & card are to date. Any advise would be appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.