I still don't understand how many further payments I can have into my account.

Calendula1
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal emailed me saying they were going to close my account because I had received 1800 Sterling within a calendar year, which was getting close to the 2500 Sterling limit allowed in my Paypal account by anti money laundering legislation.  OK, so  after going online to give all my details to confirm my identity, my account is now open again.  What I don't understand is:  how much more can I pay into my account now?  Am I at day 1 for another calendar year, i.e. free to receive a further 2500  Sterling in my account ?  Or, must I calculate how much more I can receive this year in addition the balance already in my account?  Very confusing!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_paula

Hi there Calendula1 and welcome to the PayPal community forum, 

It sounds like you have reached what we call your "annual receiving limit". This is a limit that is set on all PayPal accounts. The first time you reach this limit you will be requested to verify the details on your account. Once you verify all of the details successfully your limit will be lifted and you wont need to do this again. You will also be able to receive funds as you did before without having to worry about how much you are receiving as you will no longer have a receiving limit. 

I hope this helps answer your questions. 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Calendula1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Kudos.  Your reply much apprmeciated.   I presume I will still have an overall limit of payments up to 2500 Sterling into my account?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.