I don't have a company number

WTSCUK
New Community Member

Dear All/Paypal

I have been asked to update a whole lot of information on Paypal with regards to our type of business.

We are a sports/social club (selected Not for profit organisation) and use Paypal to help collect annual subscriptions and money for specific events/fundraising. However we have no company registration number therefore I cannot complete the process. Please can you help as slightly scuppered by whole process.

Thanks

WTSCUK

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi WTSCUK,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

The Not For Profit option in the business type section is just for registered charities collecting donations. This is why we would be requesting a company number from you in relation to this. What I would recommend is updating this in the business information section of your account. That way we can access things based on the fact that you are a club rather than looking for charity information.

Here are the steps on how to change your business status:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click ‘Profile’ near the top of the page.
  3. Click ‘Update’ beside Business information.
  4. Change the entry for ‘Business type’ from ‘Non-profit’ to a different choice. If you don’t have a business, choose ‘Individual’.
  5. Click ‘Save

I hope this helps.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.