I can't verify my PayPal account

PayPal_david

Here is a question that I have received recently:

I know the problem stems from a previous PayPal account linked to an old e-mail address. Now when I try to verify my current account, it informs me my bank details are all ready assigned to another user. This I understand, but how can I close down the old account, when I cannot remember any of the passwords or even the right e-mail address.

Breezy

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_david

Hi Breezy,

I understand that your facing difficulties with verifying your bank account on your current PayPal account and I can only imagine the frustration that you must be feeling as a result. If you are unable to access your old PayPal account to remove your bank account, the only thing that you can do is contact us directly and we can assist you with accessing your old PayPal account to remove your bank account.

Our customer support telephone line (087 07 307 191) is open from 8am to 10pm Monday to Friday, from 8am to 9pm on Saturday and from 9am to 9pm on Sunday. It is a national call rate of 10p per minute from a UK landline phone. Rates from overseas landlines and mobile phones may vary.

We will be able to help you verify your current bank account but as it is a complicated issue, contacting us by phone will be the quickest and easiest way for you to get your issue resolved.

Thanks,

David.

Login to Me Too

tcrown
Contributor
Contributor

I have received the two cash amounts into my bank and have tried to fax the Fax Cover Sheet PPAV to you. However, the fax number does not work & all I get is a voice (as though it were  a phone line & not fax).

I have even tried phoning this number - 08707307191but I'm informed that the line is down & to try later.

Trying your email is a joke as is your contact numbers. There is no specific catagory which gives me an answer to this problem & I'm left with no clue as to  how to proceed. You're my last hope of getting an answer & I hope to god that you are not automated!

I'm amazed at how difficult it is to contact a 'live person working for PayPal.

Keith williams.

Login to Me Too

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Go to your paypal account, in the top right hand corner is a box that says "to do", what steps are there to complete there ? Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

tcrown
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply, but there is no 'to do' link  at the upper right hand corner of 'My Account' page.

Keith

@red-bay wrote:

Go to your paypal account, in the top right hand corner is a box that says "to do", what steps are there to complete there ? Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

red-bay
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Have you already clicked where it says "complete bank set up" and entered the two amounts there keith ? Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

tcrown
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I've done everything by the book & I have received the two cash amounts into my bank a/c. After that, I have printed out a Fax Cover Sheet which gives all the information that PayPal need, including the two cash amounts mentioned.

The problem comes when I try and fax this Fax Cover Sheet over to PayPal. The Fax number on the form is not a fax number. It turns out to be a phone number. I've even tried ringing it only to be told that the line is down and to try again later. I've phoned four times only to get the same answer.

Perhaps I should try another fax number that are displayed on PayPal's other problem solutions.

Thanks for your efforts with me. Much appreciated.

Keith.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_david

Hi tcrown,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your query.

I think in order to help you resolve this issue that you are facing as soon as possible, I should contact you directly as I can not discuss account specific information on the Let's Talk site. I will be taking this offline and I will be sending you a mail in a few minutes.

Hopefully we can get this issue resolved in the near future. Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

ong
Contributor
Contributor

I have exactly the same problem with the fax number not being a fax number so I can't send the information to reinstate my account (which shouldn't have bben deleted in the first place).

Why you can't publish a correct fax number here  is beyond me. However I would appreciate it if you could supply same, as you have my money and I would like to have access to it.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there ong,

I have now sent you an email.

Please let us know here how you get on.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.