How to delete a limited account?

TheLoneWolf1221
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, this is my first post, but it is important.  My friend involved me in something in which someone was "scammed" for 50$.  She payed me, then I payed him.  She did a chargeback, and I have a -50$.   I also have a -19.99$ charge from the game I bought using the money (I found out later he scammed people).  Now my account is limited, but I cannot provide any of the documents, because 1: They were non-tangible goods, and I am underage, and as such, do not have a utilities bill, nor a drivers lisence/ID.  I just read the ToS (didn't read it originally) and found out that the reason this was being asked for, was that underage users are not allowed.  I am wondering if I somehow get 70$ if I would be able to delete my account?  Thanks for your help ~Lone. 

(TLDR, I want my paypal account deleted, after I pay 70$ to fix a negative balance) 

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

chestypapa
New Community Member

Hello,

I had my account limited for just receiving money. I did not have a chance to even withdraw the money for the first time depite providing all the documentation I was asked for. Please help as I need my money and to close my account forever

Login to Me Too

elysia1
New Community Member

Hi,

It's been a month since my PayPal account (under Yahoo email) posted this message: http://prntscr.com/dv1h7t

I need to close this account, as I have an existing/working Paypal (under gmail) and I need to add the email address I used with this non-working Paypal account (under Yahoo).

Please help. So far my experience with PayPal has been a total hassle.

Thanks,
Darlene

Login to Me Too

lullentce
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Rachael, is it true that if im underage and my account is permanently limited, I can reopen a new one when i turn 18?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi lullentce,

If your account is limited because you are under 18 you can open a new one once you come of age. That is as long as there are no other issues. If you are in this situation I recommend getting in touch with us when you open your new account to make sure everything goes smoothly.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

ThomasBodoczy
New Community Member

same and i need mine deleted because it has all my bank account info on it

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Carlos

Hello ThomasBodoczy! Thank you for your post and welcome to the PayPal UK Community! Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing difficulty on your PayPal account. If your account is currently limited, I recommend accessing your Resolution Centre where the relevant team always lists the steps to remove the limitation. As soon as those steps are completed, your account will be reviewed :). Once the limitation is resolved, you should be able to close the account. Thank you for your understanding. - Carlos 

Login to Me Too

yeahitzlou
New Community Member

paypal really **bleep** on my life lol. i firstly got an email about how i'm permanently limited DAYS after i sold something on ebay. then after i got afew more emails, one saying my paypal accountS were LIMITED when i only have one account, this time I could appeal but if i do i'll have to supply government ID (passport, drivers licence etc), as I'm also underage I cant lol. so now I have £300 worth of cash which i wont be able to withdraw seeing as i dont have a bank account and £1000 worth of shoes which i cant sell on ebay DUE TO PAYPAL:(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( which SUCKS so basically my life sucks now. so by the time im 18 i'll be dirt poor, on the streets, i'll probably die at 19 lol peak.

THANKS PAYPAL GOOD JOB NICE REAL GOOD WORK.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Anna

Hi yeahitzlou,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community Forum!

I’m very sorry to hear about the situation.  

If you are underage or were underage at the moment of the account creation, I would recommend you uploading your proof of identity as soon as possible in order to receive access to your funds.

If there are no additional unresolved issues on the account you should be allowed to create a new PayPal account once you are of age.

Hope it helps.

Once you resolve the situation with this account, please refrain from creating new PayPal accounts until you reach legal age as otherwise you may be permanently blocked from using the service in the future.

Thank you.

Anna

Login to Me Too

AGhozali
New Community Member

Hello, I am in New Zealand and would like to close my US account, where I can not supply details such as utility bills, SSN, addreess and other requirements.

I have a verified NZ account, but I was trying to obtain a US one for iTunes purposes.

Could you please help close this.

Login to Me Too

Adkhey96
New Community Member

its **bleep**ing bad service i have limited accoubt with balance i wanna **bleep**ing close it and they dont allow me -_- wtf

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.