How to add bank account info for a bank account that's already linked to a previous account?

megasean3000
New Community Member

Hiya, need a little help with my account.

A few years back, I had a Paypal account that was locked because I couldn't provide photographic ID. I now have a driver's license so I thought I'd make a new account. But the bank account I used is still the same, so I was wondering what would be the best way to unlink the account and relink it to my current Paypal account?

Many thanks!

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@megasean3000

If you have a limited account then you can only open another account with paypals permission or that will be limited as well as you are not allowed 2 accounts of the same type.

Also you can't remove a bank account from a limited account, the reason they do this is to stop you using that bank account on another paypal account.

You need to contact customer services and see if now that you have the right i.d. they will unlimit your old account with then access to your bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.