How long to lift receiving limits? Still waiting since October?

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

Just wondering how long it's taken for others to have their receiving limits lifted? We been asked for for countless documents - the last was my passport and a letter from my fellow directors because it seems Paypal needed confirmation that 'Phil' is short for 'Philip'...

This has been dragging on since October last year. We seem to have invested countless hours and wasted months of trading waiting for account to have it's receiving limit lifted. Checking the list the only thing that Paypal say they're waiting for is our business registration number. The resolution centre confirms they received this on the 6th December?

Help?!

And yes - we have spent hours phoning expensive help lines.

Login to Me Too
62 REPLIES 62

Mum2Two
Contributor
Contributor

Today I went through the procedure of lift my account limit (receiving), I got the phone call from paypal and entered the 4 digit pin - all went well.

However I now get this message - Unfortunately, we can't confirm your information. Send us your documents instead.  

All the 'to do' items have a green tick beside them, there is no information what documents or where to send them to! Help!!

Login to Me Too

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

I sympathise - we've been trying to do this since October. At least you have all green ticks - one of ours has had 'in progress'  asking for a document we've sent by fax, post and uploaded and is listed as received on the 6th December!

I spent another long evening on the phone, transferred a couple of times, and then told to be patient for another four days.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_lucy

Hey there guys,

Hotrodfil, this sounds like a very frustrating situation you are having trying to lift your receiving limit.

The timeframe on lifting it depends on the information requested and how quickly we get it. If you have provided everything the limitation should be reviewed and worked within a week.

Your full name does have to be on your PayPal account so it matches what you have registered with your bank and card provider. So with your name shortened a photo id would be a usual request to alter the name.

I see on another one of your posts you called and were asked to wait another few days, let us know how this goes.

Mum2Two, I have moved you post here as it's a similar situation.

If everything is showing as done and you have not been sent an email with what you need to provide do give PayPal customer service a call on the number below.

Usually documents requested would be a proof of address and photo id. If they are needed the agent will let you know.

Phone: 08707 307 191

Login to Me Too

Mum2Two
Contributor
Contributor

Thing is, I dont have any photo ID! I dont drive so have no driving licence, I am terrified of flying so have no passport. Ive no problem with documents with my address on it.

Login to Me Too

teejay73

This is the same situation I have found myself in today, so just to clarify I need to send in documents that show my full name as it appears on my bank account?

To be honest, this seems like a lot to go through just to prove who I am, I mean I would expect this if I was applying for credit but just to increase my limit on what I can spend and buy through pay-pal makes very little sense to me and slightly over the top IMO!

With regards to getting an email from pay-pal, I have not had one as yet as to what I need to do and this just adds to the confusion, so what sort of timescale are the e-mails sent out? I don't really want to be charged to ring the number to sort out pay-pal`s poor communication issues and do wonder that if I send off important documents that I might not get them back!! I take it there is no other way around this as I had thought that after I received the automated phone call and entered my pin number then that would be that and I would have my limit lifted!

Login to Me Too

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

Fourth day update:

Message from "unknown"

"We have completed our review, and as you have completed all the required steps, we have restored your account."

Restored? Logged in - receiving limits still there. Highlight it, click lift limits and the page reloads to an error message. Tried a few dozen times over the past few hours. I'll see what tomorrow brings!

Screen shot 2011-02-08.png

Login to Me Too

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

Fifth day update:

Same error message. Pick lift limits and it just throws up a standard error page. Maybe thirty attempts at this and I'm now realising I'm being taken for a fool.

I reckon end of the week and I'll just give up entirely.

It'll mean rewriting our store and going to another payment gateway but I'm the only one left in my whole company who's still been holding any hope of this ever getting resolved.

Any suggestions as to who else to try?

Login to Me Too

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor

Day six.

Just thought I'd check in before heading to work. Oh yes. Exactly the same. Error message, limit still in place. No response.

Edit.

Midday. Just the same.

Login to Me Too

hotrodfil
Contributor
Contributor
Well, it's evening. Still the same receiving limit declared on our Paypal account overview. Picking lift limits takes me to the same error page. BUT - progress! An non-automated email! "Thank you for contacting PayPal. I have checked on your account and it showed here that the limitation is already removed. Rest assured that you do not need to do anything on your account and you can now continue to receive payments online." So - possibly we're good to go. Can but hope. Still leaves us feeling unsure when the website still declares that the limit is still in place.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.