Email Verification will not work.

MP5KU
Contributor
Contributor

Hi there,

I am trying to setup my paypal account, but nothing is working.

I click "Confirm your email address", I then recieve an email with a button to click. I click the button and it takes me to an

"enter you password page", I then enter my password (It works to login every time) then, I recieve

The confirmation number you have entered does not match our records for this account. Please check the number and try again.

I even try pasting it into the bar, but it keeps giving me the error above this.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

PayPal_paula

Hi MP5KU, 

Welcome to the PayPal community forum.

I do regret to hear that you are having issues confirming your email address. If the link does not appear in the email or is not working for you,  you can confirm your address from within your PayPal account:

1. Log into your PayPal account at www.paypal.co.uk
  2. Click on the 'Confirm email address' link in the 'To do' box.
  3. Click the link 'Click here if the button does not appear in the email'
  4. Enter the 20-digit confirmation number provided in the email we sent.
  5. Click 'Confirm'. 

I hope this helps 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

A-Dom
New Community Member

I have tried this multiple times but i keep getting the same error message. I have tried activating from my email and from the 'to do' list and they both don't work

Login to Me Too

BigLes
New Community Member

I have this same problem and when I ask for another confirmation code, I get sent the same one that didn't work before.

Login to Me Too

ladytravel
Contributor
Contributor

Struggling to get verified. Did not see any link on email. Only number is  PayPal Email ID PP563 - but no recogition when I put any of that in!! Put bank account details in but not recognised [realised joint account] so tried to remove but would not allow removal as limitations so could not change to my personal account. Help - going round in circles.........

After writing the above I went back to try again. This time I found a box to click " to request a new email verification to be sent". I clicked and got a new email to my email address. I had obviously never received the first one!!! It had a link and a 20 digit code!! Back to PayPal website -------Joy abounding seems to have done the trick------ verified and changed bank account and debit card. 

Login to Me Too

I  am having exactly this problem too. I have tried the number I've been sent with and without dashes, from the email link and from my account page. I've requested a fresh confirmation code and received an email with exactly the same code. I would be very grateful if someone at PayPal sorted this as quickly as possible as I am trying desperately to get a payment system set up for an event happening in just a few weeks.

Login to Me Too

Blossompolly
Contributor
Contributor
Also having the same problem, I have tried using different browsers makes no difference
Login to Me Too

Djavm
Same as me! Tried clicking on "confirm" and error comes up. I've tried type the confirmation digits. Nothing again! HELP
Login to Me Too

zoeyb
New Community Member

im having the exact same problem had anyone resolved tis issue yet? im going round and round in circles not to mention lost money been sent to me as it sits in my emails as it wont verify the email address!! iv tried it all ways and still no success im beginning to wish i had never signed upto paypal!! it all seems more stress than its worth at the minuite! PLEASE HELP ME !! 😞

Login to Me Too

Temp20220622az
New Community Member
Please PAYPAL Fix this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.