Direct Debit payment?

George_
New Community Member

Hey Guys,

Just checked a bank statement and noticed I have a direct debit to Paypal happening monthly. When I view paypal transactions it doesn't show, and i'm very confused as to what this payment is for- and i can't seem to find out?

If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, 

G x

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George_

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

George_
New Community Member

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however this particular sum is shown nowhere at all on my Paypal statement, so I can't see at all what it's for. Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George_

Try having a peek in here..........

Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

George_
New Community Member

Thank you again!

Still no luck finding this repeated mysterious amount 😞 I don't understand how I can find out what it's for...is there a way to contact paypal? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@George_

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".
In the UK its free from any landline phone.

OR

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.