Debit card link/confirm refund delayed?

confuzd
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I've recently linked and confirmed by debit card to my paypal account, and it has been over 24 hours since then and no refund yet, did something go wrong that i should contact the Help centre about, or is this delay normal?? thanks.

Login to Me Too
12 REPLIES 12

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Don't understand you.

Who is refunding??

A refund goes back to the source of the original payment ie a card that you used to pay for the item with etc.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

confuzd
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal itself is refunding, its the amount they charge you so you can link and confirm your card 1USD/1.5EURO, but its not been refunded yet.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi there confuzd,

Once you confirm  your card the €1.50 is refunded within 2-3 working days. It may just take some time to show on your card statement depending on your card issuer. 

Also, the $1.00 is an authorisation charge, this charge may take up to 30 days to be reversed, also depending on your card issuer.

Hope this helps!

Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

confuzd
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Thanks for replying, I'm a bit confused now, I thought my card would be charged either 1.5 Euros OR 1 USD, but both?.

Also What is an authorisation charge?.

Thanks again.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Conor

Hi confuzd,

Happy to answer that for youSmiley Happy

To complete the card verification process we charge your card €1.50. This charge usually shows up on your statement within 2 to 3 business days with a 4 digit code next to it.

Once you enter this 4 digit code back into PayPal, the €1.50 charge is returned to your card.

An authorisation charge is a little bit different.

It is a standard process used in the banking world to verify a card is active before it can used for online payments. Most payments processors will charge your card $1 to ensure the card works and then return it within a couple of days (It can take 30 days in very rare cases)

You usually won't see this $1 charge on your statement and this is what Siobhan was referring to in her last post.

I hope this helps confuzd,

Conor

Login to Me Too

confuzd
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks alot! really helped!.

Login to Me Too

XerTaLT

Hello, I tried to verify my credit card, and i got this error - "We were unable to verify this card. Please review and make sure that the information you entered is correct. If the problem persists, please enter a different card."

I loged in to my bank account and i found that I was charged by 1$ two times . How to understand that?

Now I have no money for verification!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You probably tried to add it a second time.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

BlackSmithz
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

You probably tried to add it a second time.

Second answer on this topic and both useless.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.