Charity registration

theuphilltrust
Contributor
Contributor

This is a thank you to the community and to PayPal customer services.  I have been trying to get my charity status accepted so that we would get the reduced fee rate applied to donations taken in via PayPal. After several emails providing all the information that were not acknowledged, and a couple of frustrated attempts at phoning, I skimmed through some posts on the community, had another go at phoning and was put though to an adviser who quickly sorted both of the questions I had.  Within an hour the limitation to our account had been lifted and within 3 hours I had been advised that our charity registration has been accepted.

HOWEVER, it is a shame that customers have to jump through so many hoops to get things done.  It has been a rather frustrating few weeks.  It was particularly frustrating not to receive any acknowledgment of the charity status application emails. Even a 'we have this and will respond in x hours/days/weeks' would have been better than hearing nothing at all.

For anyone struggling to get help - persist! For PayPal - an improvement to your web/email related response procedures would be very beneficial for your customer base!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TBSJO
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Uphilltrust

I am having the same issue while trying to set up our charity for the reduced fees.  After several emails I was finally sent a form to complete, which I returned to PayPal approximately 6 weeks ago.   I have since sent follow up Emails, and filled in webforms with no response.

I am unable to fnd a telephone number to speak to the correct team.  Are you able to share the contact information you used for your succesful call please?

Thank you

Login to Me Too

theuphilltrust
Contributor
Contributor

I am afraid I can't remember the details now, but I seem to think that I went to the Customer Service page and clicked on the Call Us icon which generated a code. I then called the number and gave the code and was through to an adviser in no time. Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.