Charity Status

stepbystep
Contributor
Contributor

I'm setting this up as a new thread as there appears to be several threads already asking about this but noone at Paypal has answered.
How do you set up a Paypal account to get the Charity rates?

If you click on the link to "Confirm Charity Status" you get taken to the "Lift Limits" page which I don't want or need to do. If you proceed you get taken to the Confirm business status pages which needs information which is not relevant to a Charity.
PLEASE Paypal can you set up a page for registered Charities to confirm Charity status

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@stepbystep

https://www.paypal.com/charities/

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

stepbystep
Contributor
Contributor

This is the exact path that I refer to above - it is for businesses NOT Charities.

The link says Confirm Charity Status and then takes you to the raise limits and Business set up pages as detailed in my question.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi stepbystep,

In order to confirm your charity status with us you need to have a business PayPal account and provide documents for verification of the charity. You do this by filling in the business information section of the account. You will find the options in this to choose the details of your charity and upload the related documents. We understand that these will not be exactly the same as registered business but for us the steps are the same.

I hope this makes sense.

Rachael

Login to Me Too

stepbystep
Contributor
Contributor

Just phoned Paypal and we are now confirmed as a Charity. Please note you do NOT have to go through the business set up process. The links are misleading and irrelevant. A quick phone call and a link to our website and it's done!
It's a bit of a pain having to phone but very simply set up when you do.

Login to Me Too

mrsstruggle
Contributor
Contributor

Ive set up a business account.  given all my charity details, given trustees docs..... HELP  can I speak to a real person at Pay Pal and what number. I've just tried and get told to hang up !

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi mrsstruggle,

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

Please call us on 0800 358 7911, this number is free from a UK Landline.

- Siobhan

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.