Can't verify - Paypal took my money - Money for wedding stuck in Paypal account.

martindavies122
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone.I am writing this with great distress, so I apologize for any errors, and for going off on a rant.

I have had this paypal account for about a year now, and when I first opened it, I tried to verify my account, but to no avail. This wasn't a problem at the tim, as I was only using Paypal for a few small things.

However, my situation has changed. I Now have an online job that will only pay through Paypal, and what's even worse is that I am getting married in October, and have a lot to pay for before then. I have been struggling for money, and I live abroad, so my family have been kind enough to send me some money.

HERE'S THE PROBLEM!!!!

First of all, there seems to be no possible way to verify my account. I have tried everything in my power, but it just seems that Paypal are robbing me of the ability to do so.

Here are my experiences:

1. Every time I try to add my bank card, it seems to link to the account... but then when I go to another part of the site, it seems to just disappear, as if I never entered or even tried to link a card.

2. I tried to verify my phone number, but Paypal never seems to send the message with the verification code, so I can't even do that.

3. When I tried to withdraw some of my funds, it obviously stopped me from withdrawing more than 5000 pesos (I live in Mexico) , so I tried to verify my account, but it kept leading me in circles, and saying that I haven't added a credit card.

4 Finally, this is what has really annoyed me, I looked at my bank balance, and was horrified to find that EVERY attempt I had been making to verify my account (to no avail) Paypal have been taking money out of my account!!!!! I had no idea that this was happening, and obviously I had been trying quite a number of times. There is now over 200 pesos missing from my account, and I still have no access to MY MONEY. 

I am at the end of the line here! I have a wedding to pay for, and I feel like Paypal are robbing me! If this doesn't get sorted, I will be forced to take legal action. YOU CANNOT LEGALLY HOLD MY MONEY FROM ME PAYPAL!!! and if you mess up my wedding, there will be legal consequences. That I can be certain of.

Could anyone please help me out. Please tell me what I can do to sort out this situation!!!

I thank you all in advance!!!

Sincerely, Martin,

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martindavies122

Do you have a paypal account registered in Mexico or another country?

Are you adding Mexican cards and bank accounts to that paypal account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

martindavies122
Contributor
Contributor
Mexican account with a mexican card. Santander.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@martindavies122

What type, VISA / Mastercard etc?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LiaBoangiu

I'm facing a similar problem, where they've asked me to confirm my ID and address, and then my credit card - but they're sending me in circles on the last part.

I've sent them many email, and getting no replies. It's really frustrating.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.